Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

P0125, P1193

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vpad 
#1 ·
Ok so I just got back from AutoZone, had the codes read on my 96 disco. I got 3 codes:

P0125-ECT Engine Coolant Temp sensor defective
P1193-H02s Heater circuit Inferred open circuit downstream sensor
P0158 O2 sensor bank 2

Does anyone know who to go about fixing the first two codes (P0125, P1193)?

I have the O2 sensors on the way already. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle:buttrock:

#2 ·
Kyle......I got the P0125 on my '96 a month ago. My coolant level was a bit low.....topped it off, cleared the code and no worries since.

Otherwise, it may be your PROM (seeing as you have a '96).......there is an update PROM to take care of erroneous P0125 codes, but it's wasn't a recall so ya have to pay for it. On the upside it is something you can do yourself.

Check the coolant level 1st of course;)

P1193 is referring to your downstream (past the cats) O2s and is telling you that something is up with the heater circuit. Your O2s have a built in heater to get them up to temp quickly during start-up and keep them there during idle. One of two things is happening: the heater is dead or the electrical connection is open. If the heater is dead you need to replace the O2. Check for open circuit 1st though. Power for the heaters come via fuse F3 in you fuse panel - check it. Disconnect the 4-wire connectors to the O2s and clean them w/ electrical contact cleaner, give them a few minutes to insure they are dry and then plug 'em back in.

-B

#3 ·
acornhoek said:
Kyle......I got the P0125 on my '96 a month ago. My coolant level was a bit low.....topped it off, cleared the code and no worries since.

Otherwise, it may be your PROM (seeing as you have a '96).......there is an update PROM to take care of erroneous P0125 codes, but it's wasn't a recall so ya have to pay for it. On the upside it is something you can do yourself.

Check the coolant level 1st of course;)

P1193 is referring to your downstream (past the cats) O2s and is telling you that something is up with the heater circuit. Your O2s have a built in heater to get them up to temp quickly during start-up and keep them there during idle. One of two things is happening: the heater is dead or the electrical connection is open. If the heater is dead you need to replace the O2. Check for open circuit 1st though. Power for the heaters come via fuse F3 in you fuse panel - check it. Disconnect the 4-wire connectors to the O2s and clean them w/ electrical contact cleaner, give them a few minutes to insure they are dry and then plug 'em back in.

-B
Thanks I appreciate the input, do you know where I can get one of the PROM's?

#4 ·
Check you coolant level and that the system is free of air before you go throwing in the new PROM. Run the engine from cold up to operating temperature w/ the pressure cap off and while running the heater......this should get the bubbles out of the system (if there are any).

Part number - PRM9631

Should be able to get it through the sealership......I've heard somewhere around $50, so no too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.