300TDI grey smoke after dumb mistake - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
300TDI grey smoke after dumb mistake

Hallo forum, thank you in advance for helping out

So, i changed the turbo on my 300 TDI and it's been screaming in a high pitch ever since. As I was inspecting the turbo to figure out where the sound was coming from, I found a little oil in the front intake tubing part of the turbo and then more in the hose from the air filter box. So I wanted to check if it came from the head-to-inlethose-overflow/gas hose. Stupid as I am, I just blocked both ends of the hose and took the car for a spin, high revs and everything. Then I noticed a HUGE amount of grey-white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I drove back and reconnected the hose. Now the smoke isn't as bad, but it's still there! I'm a bit afraid the pressure from blocking this hose could have done some damage to the head/valves/head gasket?

If any of you have any ideas of what to do next in order to figure out whats wrong please let me know

Sorry I'm an idiot, but you learn as you fail I guess

Thanks all

Villads

Last edited by Villads; 10-07-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Defender

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.