2005 freelander SE v6 vibration - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Unhappy 2005 freelander SE v6 vibration

Hello all,

I am here needing help for my girlfriend's car, this car has been nothing but problems for her, she has already had a few thousand dollars worth of work done to the engine. and some other bits all around. she is currently out of town so I don't know exactly what work has been done but it was at the dealership.

The car in question is a 2005 freelander SE V6 with 96xxx miles, Automatic transmission.

She recently started noticing a vibration in the car, and I have been driving it lately and it is definitely there. I have been doing my best to try and trouble shoot this thing and figure out exactly what it is, shes already spent way too much money fixing this thing.

There are times when I have driven this car and not noticed the vibration so its confusing me. The car has a vibration when accelerating/maintaining speed. When off the throttle the vibration isn't there or its not noticeable. The vibration is not there when the car is rolling in neutral or while revving the engine. I also went through the gears (in the sport manual mode or whatever it is) and the vibration does not really change depending on gear.

I am no land rover expert clearly, and I would greatly appreciate any input on what might be wrong. It would also help greatly if you guys can give advice on how to check something. If there is anything I left out that anyone would like to know please let me know.

Thank you all for your help and I appreciate your time.
mehdik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.