Changed battery in LR2, engine completely dead - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took it for a new free replacement battery today. It said it was cranking out more than rated. Battery place said it may be alternator. Bet it is the starter though. CarMax doesn't want to mess with it but surely if it's the starter they can do that. I don't really want to have it towed 25 miles to the dealer if I don't have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Thanks for all this frightening info, I needed to fit a new battery so I played safe like this.
I connected a spare battery (From my lawnmower) to the battery leads & with the engine running disconnected the vechicles battery & replaced it with a new one. I then disconnected the spare. Everything seems OK now so Success !
2007 Freelander2 Diesel.
Gerry P
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
this is a huge issue across LR2s from 2007 on.

the class action suit has been in the news now as of August 2015. Just google Landrover LR2 class action suit.

I recommend all LR2 owners with the issue contact the firm that is listed in the news articles....personally I am tired of this. We cannot use our auto light setting, the sunroof does it. etc. It just drains.....I had to jump ours again this morning after 2 nights without use.

Don't bother with landrover dealerships....they will just keep replacing the battery and you will keep paying for it....We have already replaced the battery once.
lauriegc likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the post,I have been experiencing the same issue, dealership just called and told me I need a new starter $786.00, I could vomit right now. I have no choice but to replace , I am going to sell this thing as quickly as possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Freelander / LR2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.