2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default 2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE7. 84k miles. $15,000.

Located in Southern Illinois, about an hour and a half SE of StL.

I hate to part with this, but want it to go to a home where it can be used. I’ve only put around 5,000 miles on it; only about 20 of those have been trail.

I bought it with 78,831 miles a year and a half ago after unloading a fully-restored ’78 International Scout II. The condition is near perfect with no scratches, no chips, no peeling letters, no white fender flares, all the buttons work, the leather is beautiful, soft and smells great. There is a small ding underneath the factory luggage rack rail on the passenger side, but it can only be seen from up on the rack. The headliner has been re-done.

All fluids were replaced w/ the good stuff, synthetic where applicable at Brit Rover. Belts and hoses replaced. The head wasn't leaking, but had an ooze to it, so it was replaced, as were the valve covers, plugs, and wires at 69,461. The hubs were checked, moving parts lubed, etc. etc.. I have receipts for that work for $3,187. The truck has run flawlessly and is like a new rover.

I have additional receipts for the following parts, totaling $8,396:

Roof Rack and Ladder: Both are semi custom and made by Rover Racks in aluminum. A lot of extra bars were added for strength. It has tabs for 4 front lights, two rear lights, limb riser tabs, and hi-lift jack tabs.

Hella Lights: Rallye 4000. There are two pencil beams, two cornering, and a dual beam rear work light. The installation is very clean, and lights are hooked up to factory Disco I switches; looking 100% OEM.

Odyssey PC2150 Battery: This weighs 80 lbs. and is one bad battery. It will run all the lights and winches and air compressors that anyone would want to add. It squeezes into the factory tray and fits perfectly.

Bottle Jack and Tools: The OEM bottle jack will not lift the truck; it's too small. A proper tool bag with breaker bar and socket and a bottle jack that will lift the truck are all included. Some dremeling was required to fit the new bottle jack in the old location. Looks OEM.

Line X the interior: This was a big $ item, and looks fantastic. The entire interior had to be removed, carpet, seats, trim, belts, etc. to apply, but you won’t have to worry about stinky moldy carpet. It vacuums or wipes easily. The floor gets a little warm around tranny in the summer, but floor a/c fixes it, and heated floors work out nice in winter.

Powder-coated black LR wheels: All five look brand new, and have center caps painted to match. There are newer lug nuts.

Spare tire remount kit: So the big tire would fit on the back. Tires are 275/60/18 Maxxis Buckshot.

Rovertyme Engineering Springs and Old Man Emu shocks: 2" ish lift. The tires add about another 1" or so.

The factory head unit and disc-changer have been removed and replaced w/after-market unit with front usb for ipod.

75,000-mile service was done, and oil has been changed every 3,000 with Mobil 1. Factory driveshaft was replaced with lubeable shaft.

Leather boots for e-brake and 4WD were replaced, so no cracking or peeling.
Brake controller, Borgman plug, and tail light converter installed by North Trail RV Center.

One more minor flaw: The rear door speaker cover is dented. Other than these two minor things, the rig is immaculate.

I have more pictures, and am sure I’m leaving a ton off. PM or email if interested: bacos@siu.edu 618.201.4300
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-082.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-084.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-085.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-092.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-078.jpg  

2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-031.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-035.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-053.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-090.jpg   2003 Discovery II SE7 - Clean-095.jpg  

Last edited by DiscoNation; 10-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.
DiscoNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

How high did the water get when this thing got flooded? Did the amplifier and transmission control module have to be replaced also? Do the seats work properly? Is there any mold on the underside of the seats? Are the doors rusty or dirty on the inside (between the door panel and the outer door sheet metal)?

I ask these questions because I don't know why someone would wake up one morning and say "I think I'll pull the carpet out of my truck" I could understand if it was a ratted out old beater but this looks like a decent truck, low mileage, fairly clean exterior. If you just spilled coffee on the carpet or your dog peed in the back you can shampoo it and have it cleaned for a lot less than stripping it and putting truck bed liner in it.
Something seems fishy, post up a vin number and carfax so we can see the history.

Also I would suggest lowering your price. Without carpet it is just like my farm truck. I wouldn't pay $15000 for a farm truck.
Keanan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Keanan,

Here is the VIN: SALTW16473A791727

I asked the previous owner these same questions. His response was that he wanted to make this rig bulletproof, and a legit trail rig . . .in case he ran into deep waters.

I did the same thing to my Scout to make it trail-ready. It worked out way better spraying it out and pulling the drain plug than it would have if I would have had to scrub mud out of carpet.

Both seats work properly, with no mold or rust underneath either.

Besides normal road grime that can't be cleaned by washing, the insides of the doors are clean. I recently pulled the drivers panel off to get the key code, as I had lost the only original key I had.

Is your farm truck a Disco that looks this good with 84k My point being, this is no farm truck, and can't imagine anyone ever entertaining the idea to use it as one.

Everything in life is negotiable. It has to start somewhere. I have had offers from complete strangers for more . . . should have got their info; one offer while I was at DMV the first day I had it. I must add that this is an extremely rare vehicle around here, so others are willing to pay more. I don't have it for sale locally, as I wanted to put it here first, so it could be used right.

Let me know if you have more questions or you need pics of the underneath.

Last edited by DiscoNation; 10-13-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Package Deal: I'll throw in a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD for the wife, and a 2000 Honda Rancher ES 4x4 to tow behind the Disco . . . all for the low price of 30k.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Price Drop!

$14,500 obo

Last edited by DiscoNation; 12-23-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I may be taking job at a different University 90 miles away, so using the Disco for 180-mile daily road-trip is going to be out of the question. I'll consider reasonable offers.

Matt
Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sale pending.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Gallery: 1
Default Verdict?

And the verdict is? What is the price now?
Westminster, Md
98SPARTA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only Classifieds > Land Rover Vehicles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.