Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

72 Rover Series III with lots of extras!!!

4K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  timkel74@msn.com 
#1 ·
It is with great regret that I put up for sale my 72 Series III. After purchasing it, I was able to aquire quite a bit of spare parts and extras that make this well worth the investment for anyone who is looking to get into the Series brotherhood. Here is a description as best I can do:

Daily driver with valid inspection sticker. Runs and drives great with only minor mechanical tinkering needed (as with all series). Has 89,999 miles on the odometer (??????) Hasnt moved since I purchased it. Previous owner stated he had put aprox. 2000 miles after odometer stopped working and I have put about the same. Comes with a fantastic amount of parts. Here is a brief list: soft top with all components for attachment, fairey overdrive (in the box)from RDS with the linkage and shifter installed, a ready to drop in rebuilt 2.25 done by someone who obviously knew how to do it the Rover way (pics to come), 12 boxes of berrings, interior items. lock sets, nuts, bolts, gaskets, washers, hoses, brake shoes and parts, oil dip sticks, rivets, thermostats, lights, etc... etc... etc... and, plenty of spare interior seats, a high low hydrallic plow pump, plow frame, some body parts, a modified tailgate for when you have the soft top on, 2 seatbelt installed in the rear and 2 in the front, a box of books and manuals, spare glass for rear door, 3 sets of keys, and the list goes on.

Pics can be seen at http://timkel74.spaces.live.com/

Price??? I have well over 10K invested... How about $7900.00 or best offer??? The series can be seen and driven. It is in Ashburnham, MA 01430. I am about 7 miles away from the Series meet in Petersham, MA that's going on this weekend. Call or email with questions.

Tim M.
1-978-902-1434
timkel74@msn.com

P.S. For those who are wondering why I am getting rid of it, I am purchasing a 82 stage 1 5 door...

See less See more
#2 ·
Some questions have been asked that I thought I would address with all.

The frame was changed to galvanized and The bulkhead was patched back in 95/96 at Rovers north.

The engine runs fine. Compression is good. Transmission shifts well with no issues. The rear differential does not slip and has only a minor leak.

Body is fair but, typical for the look of most series out there. I recieved a quote of 2200.00 for patch, paint and hard top paint.

The spare engine has not been tested by me or the previous owner although it looks to have been done by someone with Rover knowledge.

Any other questions just call or email...

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.