Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Expected Spring Sag w/Winch

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  redtruck12 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm getting ready to complete the coil lift on my P38. I just had a question regarding how much front end sag I can expect so I can remedy it using trim packers. The winch mount weighs about 80lbs and I'll be adding a 9,000 lb winch to it. My lift consist of the Terrafirma 223HD with an additional 1" spacer. I haven't been able to find any specific information regarding the TF springs, however from research I have read that it may sag up to 1.5 inches. I've already purchased 6 10mm trim packers. I was planning on adding 1 in the rear, and 2 in the front to even everything out. I want to do this once and not have to uninstall the springs to add more height if I can avoid it.

Can anyone advise if what I plan on doing should make up for any sag? I realize that it's impossible to know without actually mounting everything up, however, I'm just trying to plan ahead and avoid taking things apart for adjustments if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
So your adding 9080 pounds to the front end right? Ha ha ha;)
I'm guessing 125 - 150 pounds total including the winch? No added weight of a aftermarket bumper?
Are the packers rubber or nylon?
I would think you are in the right ballpark but it will likely be a try and see. Also the spring sag will not likely be immediate.

#4 ·
good thought to check aprox. Spring sag before the winch and tray go on but I think he is trying to estimate the spring sag in advance and not have to pull the spring out one time.
I don't think anyone can tell exactly how to estimate where it will sit with new springs, spacers and packers. It will be a best guess then wait and see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.