Help Please! Got this light on my 2013 LR4 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CT090

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help Please! Got this light on my 2013 LR4

Tried looking through the history of posts to see history on this but couldn't find anything. I got this light today on my 2013 LR4, does anyone know how I find out what the fault is and if it's OK to drive my car with this light illuminated?

Thanks in advance for any help, it's appreciated.

Raymond in Miami
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	75921  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
It's a Check Engine Light. Could be anything related to your engine's management system, which is a computer and a network of sensors that control how the engine operates. Sometimes a simple as a loose fuel filler cap.

It's afe to drive short-term, until you have a chance to find out what the problem is. Any parts store will connect an inexpensive tool at no charge and tell you what the codes are and probably what they mean. if you write them down and post them, we can probably tell you more. Just because it has a code that says something like "O2 sensor bank 2 primary" doesn't necessarily mean that you need that sensor. It just means that's where the ECU is seeing an issue. A more advanced tool may be needed to do a complete diagnostic.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the information. I'll do exactly as you recommend and that it to a auto parts store to find out the codes.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Went to Autoo Zone and got the codes. Although it read 3 separate codes they were all the same except the last line:

P2096. MOD$00
Trim system too lean bank 1
Then these different 3 last lines

CONFIRMED

PENDING

PERMANENT

Sounds like a fuel mixture issue? Anyone hav any input on this? Safe to drive the vehicle?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 AM

By chance, did you recently have an air filter replaced? That's a common code for an intake tract air leak.

This can also be caused by gunked up injectors and sometimes a clogged fuel filter. Or possibly some poor fuel. Little neighborhood gas stations are a good place to get bad gas. Always buy from one of those big, shiny, very busy places. I'd suggest a strong dose of a good injector cleaner additive as a start.

What's your mileage?

BTW-- Safe to drive.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the information, very helpful. Haven't change the air filter but have put in some "neighborhood" gas lately. I'll take your advice and stike to the "shiney/busy" gas stations from now on. I'll also put some injector cleaner in the tank and see what I get.

BTW, 64,000 miles.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Royal Purple and Redline both make a good cleaner. Definitely get that air filter changed- it could be plugged and causing the issue. Look around for anthing that might be leaking or misaligned.

Those big stations that sell alot of gas usually are pretty cautious about their suppliers, about keeping their filters changed and they go through so much gas that it's not there long enough for bad things to be happening to it.

At that mileage it's probably ready for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pu5s_kOMcc

You should also be doing fluid changes on your transmission, differentials and transfer case about now. Oil is dirt cheap compared to what those parts will cost you. Use a high quality synthetic in all of them.
maa45069 likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

CT090

Thanks again for the help on this. I put in a small bottle of fuel injector cleaner in my tank and filled it with a "shiney" station 93 octan gas and the light went out. I'll also take your advice on the air and fuel filter change as well as the fluids serviving.

Like I said, you've been very helpful and it's appreciated!

Raymond
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Another question for the Land Rover informed. My vehicle came with only one key. Is there a place (other than the ultra expensive Land Rover dealer) that I can get a spare electronic key?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondFL View Post
CT090

Thanks again for the help on this. I put in a small bottle of fuel injector cleaner in my tank and filled it with a "shiney" station 93 octan gas and the light went out. I'll also take your advice on the air and fuel filter change as well as the fluids serviving.

Like I said, you've been very helpful and it's appreciated!

Raymond
Hi Raymon, have you been using regular fuel 87 or 89 on your LR4? Also a BG fuel injection cleaning is a great way to go.
Dave

The City is a Jungle.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 LR3/ SE 4.4 Fancy Professor (my girl's LR3)
2005 LR3/Disco3 SE 4.4 The Rhino
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(mine)
De-tangoed Headlights, LR4 Style Grille, Dueler Alenza HL 255 55 19"

1999 LR Disco II SD 200,900 miles (Sold)
1991 Range Rover Classic (Sold) 'The Turtle'
1988 Range Rover Classic (Sold) 'The Rust Bucket'
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Dave

Occasionally I would use 89 fuel when at a sky high priced gas station but I regularly buy gas at "off brand" gas stations. From what I've learned here, won't be doing that anymore.

BG fuel injector cleaner? Is BG a brand?

Raymond
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:05 PM

BG is a brand. Typically sold at professional service shops.

You may cringe at having to buy the premium fuel over a lower octane, but your vehicle is designed to run on it. You'll find that when you put good gas of the proper octane rating, you'll pick up some MPG. If you want to be really surprised, find a local station that sells 100% gas, usually around boating places. What you're getting just about everywhere is 90/10, with 10% alcohol.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Go to an indy Land Rover mechanic shop that offers the BG fuel & injector service your LR4 probably needs it. Also have them clean the throttle body. Only use 91 or 93 octane. Some mobil stations also offer 100% gas as C090 mentioned and yes the proper octane will make the engine run more efficiently.
Dave

The City is a Jungle.

2005 LR3/ SE 4.4 Fancy Professor (my girl's LR3)
2005 LR3/Disco3 SE 4.4 The Rhino
(mine)
De-tangoed Headlights, LR4 Style Grille, Dueler Alenza HL 255 55 19"

1999 LR Disco II SD 200,900 miles (Sold)
1991 Range Rover Classic (Sold) 'The Turtle'
1988 Range Rover Classic (Sold) 'The Rust Bucket'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > General Land Rover Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.