Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Intermittent starting problem

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BurlDisco 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE two weeks ago from a small dealer. The car worked fine the first week just drank gas but that was expected. Besides the scare of fault lights with suspension coming on I now have an intermttent starting problem which appears to be common to some by reading on-line. The first time I thought an interior light was left on from the night before. I turned the key on expecting to go to work and just a click. I get all system check lights which come on normally at start and go out but the car will not start. I hooked jumper cables to it and tried to turn it over but the first time I did smae result. I waited and it started two -three minuts later. Removed positive battery cable and alternator keeps car running. This hopefully eliminated an alternator problem. Thought battery was culprit but cranking amps are over 830 close to new. Before putting a new battery in I cranked it and it started? Has anybody solved this problem. I have read groud wires or slight voltage drop in system is significant. Have the dealers figured it out? What is next before I re-sale, it is a beautiful car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.