Trying to decide between some cars... - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trying to decide between some cars...

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum here and have a question about a new car I'm considering purchasing.

I currently have a 2015 BMW X5 diesel and enjoy it very much. However, on a trip home recently I realized it doesn't do as well in the snow as a family member's 2015 LR4. I live in Colorado (metro) and we get a decent amount of snow. I also go home several times a year and live on a steep hill with a cliff on one side that gets quite icy and snowy. So, my questions are:

-Do you think the LR4 would be worth getting? Anyone know if it's significantly better in the snow? I know I spend most of my time in the city, but with my car depreciating and the LR4 going out of stock, I think it might be worth it for those days when I do experience heavy winter driving.

I'm also considering a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Toyota 4Runner, a Toyota Sequoia or Highlander, a Volvo XC90, or a Range Rover Sport with very few options (except extra duty for the lower gears since it's so expensive).

The car needs to have low gear, hill descent (needs to go slower than my BMW which goes 6 mph). Any insight?

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Special Agent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Hi new guy
Boy that's a pretty open bunch of questions.
Considering this is a Land Rover enthusiast group in sure everyone's answer will be land rovers are better
You started by stating that your family members LR4 is better in the snow. Yes they are a very capable and reliable vehicle!
What tires were in the LR4?
What tires were on your X5?
An x5 is physically a substantially different vehicle. What are your needs and preferences?
Have you driven a LR4 yet?
As for the other vehicles you mentioned I would prefer to not rate them other than to say that in my opinion they are not in the same class as a Land Rover or your current b.m.w.

It is hard for someone to tell you what vehicle is right for you.
I guess you could say it's like asking someone what are the best toppings to put on your pizza�� Everyone has their own opinion.

Sorry I know I haven't really answered any questions but really you didn't really ask any.

Happy Happy Happy

2002 D2 se7 6 seater . complete engine rebuild with flanged liners , 2 inch lift, terrafirma shocks, LT 275/65r18 Cooper stt tires, d1 modified front bumper, safety devices rack, 30" l.e.d. Light bar
2004 D2 se5 (sold)
2001 D2 se5 (parts truck)
2000 D2 se7 (retired)
1997 D1 (sold)
1957 Series 1 88" future projet
2006 Suburu legacy outback (gets me around when the disco is not)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > General Land Rover Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.