Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Where oh where to buy a OME kit...

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  devnull 
#1 ·
Howdy,

Doing my homework as to where to buy an OME kit for my 1996 Discovery. I'm in a military base in Japan, with my forwarding address leaving from California, so something in the west coast would be best (can only use USPS). If you know of a place with a good deal please let me know.

I'm still pondering about medium or heavy duty coils, and thinking about 235/85 r16 tires. Summer driving here is a lot of unkept trails with car eating trenches on the sides. There will be sand, and I should probably get a fat tire, but I just hate the look.

Will medium vs. heavy coils have a noticeable difference in paved roads, or in choppy trails with tons of small pot holes?

Thanks in advance.

- DN

#2 ·
For west coast purchases, I would suggest, LRRForums Store
Tony has about the best prices and delivery will be closer the LUcky 8 on the east coast.
Medium duty OME with the H.D. shocks and steering stabilizer would be the way to go as long as you are not running the extra weight of front and rear bumpers, a winch and sliders.

#3 ·
Went to the local tire store to see what they had and found a cheap set of used Yokohama geolander mt in 235/85. I must say that next to the current 245/70 winter tires they look huge.

If I was paying retail, I would had taken it down a notch to 235/80. Being cheap enoug, I'll take them for a spin :)

besides the lift, will I need to trim/adjust things?

#4 ·
I tried to contact the LRRForums Store for a shipping quote but none of the 'contact us' links seem to work. I then tried to whois their domain name to let them know and the address listed there just bounced back.

Does anybody has a good email address for them, or another suggestion for an east coast company?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.