Freelander 2 Diff Problems .......again - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Freelander 2 Diff Problems .......again

I wish I had looked at this forum before buying my 2011 Freelander 2 based on other posts regarding failure of the rear diff & Haldex unit.
My Feb 2011 LR2 developed a diff grinding noise at only 14,000km, the diff was repaired at the LR dealer with a 'repair kit' under warranty. No amount of questioning could get them to explain why it had failed. At 38,000km the diff growl appeared again, this time the LR dealer tried to blame my tyres saying it was road noise until I explained they were the original tyres fitted at the factory. After a test drive they agreed it was the diff but being out of warranty, I would have to pay. After explaining that 2 diff failures at such low kms wasn't reasonable they said that it was up to Landrover Australia to decide. After several phone calls & over 2 weeks, they approved a complete new differential replacement as a sign of goodwill which I greatly appreciated.
Now at 52,000km, the Haldex pump on the differential has failed. Landrover Aust asked me to take it to a Landrover dealer to confirm my mechanic's error code. The dealer then confirmed that it was the Haldex pump & wanted to charge me $192 for the pleasure, even though Landrover Aust asked me to attend?
I'm now waiting for their decision as to what help if any I will receive as the customer relation 'executive' explained, I've already received some goodwill & there's a limit of one per customer I think.
$1800 if I have to pay for the repair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some good news, Landrover Australia have agreed to pay 1/2 the cost of replacing the Haldex pump next week as a sign of goodwill.
Grateful for that but now have no confidence that it won't fail in another 14,000 km based on other Freelander 2 owner's experiences posted on this & other LR forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Regional Discussions and Events Forum > Regional Discussions and Events > Australia / New Zealand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.