Import Defender 110 Tdi into Canada - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, here's some more information:
We had an accident (we overturned) in Chile and couldn't fix the bodydamages perfectly, so the car is not "pretty", but I an an mechanical engineer, so I took very well care of the mecanical shape of the car.

Here is some fotos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1086056...JOk_6GY4MC_vgE

Here are mechanical facts:
2 take a rest: for sale / zu verkaufen
Our Blog:
2 take a rest

The price: 18500 US$

We would try to meet on the west canadian-american border, that's the easiest for the paperwork

Cheers,
Claus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 AM

I' m sorry, the price is of course 8500 US$, not 18500.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Verbisky View Post
Hello fellow Canucks. Does anyone know how to go about importing a new 110 Tdi left-drive into Canada? Land Rover UK & Canada aren't interested in helping too much. Cheers.

David.
If u are in for a 2010 defender 110 grey color and with 11000km on it let me know have a frd selling one in this part of the world ( Saudi Arabia) it has a 4 cylinder TDI. The car is in superb condition. Find out if u can ship it to Canada and I would love to help u out

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2 defenders 110 into cananda...

Well this is a rather long thread - goes back to 2005! So I want to do the same thing. I have found two Defender 110s in the UK and a bloke to ship them. 8000GBP for the two defenders, and 5300GBP for the container to ship them to Canada. I was looking at getting 1 and then shipping and he told me that 2 fit quite well. Even at 4000GBP each, I thought I could - or should rather - fly over to the UK and inspect them, get them cleaned by a certified company (Canada requires professional steam cleaning to protect out 'fragile eco-system') before they are loaded into the container, sealed and shipped off.

$23,000 is a bit out of my current budget - but I figured I could easily sell the 2nd defender once I had it on Canadian soil. That said - if someone is looking for an original Defender 110 diesel - one is an 86, the other a 93 - ex military soft tops with full records. The military services theses things top notch all the time - no matter what the cost. New tires - MOT'd for both, so in good working order.

Anyone interested?

ironic dot irony1 at gmail dot com
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 03:36 AM
PCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic.irony1 View Post
Well this is a rather long thread - goes back to 2005! So I want to do the same thing. I have found two Defender 110s in the UK and a bloke to ship them. 8000GBP for the two defenders, and 5300GBP for the container to ship them to Canada. I was looking at getting 1 and then shipping and he told me that 2 fit quite well. Even at 4000GBP each, I thought I could - or should rather - fly over to the UK and inspect them, get them cleaned by a certified company (Canada requires professional steam cleaning to protect out 'fragile eco-system') before they are loaded into the container, sealed and shipped off.

$23,000 is a bit out of my current budget - but I figured I could easily sell the 2nd defender once I had it on Canadian soil. That said - if someone is looking for an original Defender 110 diesel - one is an 86, the other a 93 - ex military soft tops with full records. The military services theses things top notch all the time - no matter what the cost. New tires - MOT'd for both, so in good working order.

Anyone interested?

ironic dot irony1 at gmail dot com
Hi Ironic,

I know you posted three years ago, but I was just wondering if you went through with the importation of the two Landrovers to Canada and how it went. I'm a Canadian currently living in France for a year, and am also looking to bring one back to Canada. It is a bit daunting trying to sort through all the rules and regulations involved, so any advice would be really appreciated. So far I contacted the Canada Border Services and they said their only requirement was that the vehicle be 15+ years old, so that's clear. Then I contacted Ontario (that's where we live) Drive Clean, and they sent me a special "grey-market" application form since I don't think a 2000 Landrover Defender 110 diesel would have ODBC1 or ODBC2 computer etc, so that means I would just have to do a tail-pipe measured emissions test at two idle speeds.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Best regards,

Chris

timusk at hotmail dot com
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 07:08 AM

2009 Defender 110 Wagon

I have a 2009 110 wagon with 4 cylinder diesel. 51K kilometers. I am in Oman, near Dubai. The vehicle is left hand drive. Mint condition.
Is it possible for me to export it to Canada?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Regional Discussions and Events Forum > Regional Discussions and Events > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.