Looking for a good LR mechanic in Toronto - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
where am i?

Gallery: 0
Default Looking for a good LR mechanic in Toronto

Though I am going to try and learn as much as I can to do somethings myself, can anyone reccomend a good LR mechanic in Toronto?

Thanks!

p.s. I now have a manual.
moreheads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Gallery: 5

Call Disco-Tech. www.discotech4x4.com

Speak with Gilles and you won't have anything to fear. Many have used his shop and swear by him - not like the dealerships, where many swear at them.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Post hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreheads
Though I am going to try and learn as much as I can to do somethings myself, can anyone reccomend a good LR mechanic in Toronto?

Thanks!

p.s. I now have a manual.
hello there.Im from Toronto too.own two discos,and both need a bit of work.maybe we can help each other out
discoeddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Gallery: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeker
Call Disco-Tech. www.discotech4x4.com

Speak with Gilles and you won't have anything to fear. Many have used his shop and swear by him - not like the dealerships, where many swear at them.
i trust him with EVERYTHING, and he's NEVER done me wrong, saved me Thousands
Old 11-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Where is my Black Son?

I wouldn't go to Disco-Tech unless it was my last resort. His prices are NOT the dealership, but too damn close. Try to do most of your stuff yourself. I am in the GTA as well if you guys ever want to meet up and shoot the shit. I also know some of the guys in the LR club, and have a good buddy of mine with a D1. I also have an OBD2 scanner to tell you what's wrong, from there on its easy.
Before you say I don't know what I am talking about with regards to DT, I brought him a non running truck with dead compression, and he gave me a tune up and charged me through the ass, the tuck didn't even make it home under its own power. I ended up rebuilding the engine shortly after(not his fault, just his poor diagnosis).

I haven't quite found the "perfect " LR mechanic yet, most of the Real Rover heads around here help each other out and do their own stuff.

I also have quite a few D1 parts left over from my D1, let me know what you need.
I'll try to help out as best as I can.

2002 Range Rover 4.6HSE Borrego Edition
1990 RRC SWB Camel Trophy Inspired- SOLD
MuddyRangeRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know you guys are in the GTA, but about an hour away in Niagara falls (Queenston), there is a guy named Paul Safari that owns shop that specializes in Land rovers. I've only used his services for parts (cuz i do my own work), but he specialized in setting up LR's for expedition. He really knows his stuff, especially the older Rovers.

Damn, forgot his phone #, i'll post it tomorrow...
Old 11-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Go Deep

Hey, If you guy's are getting together...I'm 40 mins North of Toronto and would love to join the fun
Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Where is my Black Son?

I usually hang otu with the LRAA guys, and go to their meets once a month. This time Im prolly gonna miss it though.

2002 Range Rover 4.6HSE Borrego Edition
1990 RRC SWB Camel Trophy Inspired- SOLD
MuddyRangeRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kaz

Although the thread is old, my experience is new.
I took D1 for pre-sale inspection to DT, Gilles had a look at it.
Then he gave me a quote what has to be done for the car to be certified.
Top prices, including necessity to replace exhaust fromY-pipe back ($900) that wasn't necessary (passed e-test no problems).
Brake job, $1200, not even mentioning alternative of aftermarket choices. Did it myself ($350 in parts). Strongly suggested swivel joints seal replacement ($600) not necessary and on top of these a complete flush whatever is flushable for just $850.
Missed couple of things like inoperative CLD and play in front wheels- bearings (done myself, $110 in parts).
I'm brand new to LR world, buying '95 model for $4500, not 2005 for $20K, so it might suggest I'm not loaded and looking for rather budget solution/suggestions, received none.
So I'm not impressed.
After reading/learning incessantly for last 2 months and doing a few things myself I feel much better and advise anybody:'Do-It-yourself'

Last edited by Kaz; 06-27-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Regional Discussions and Events Forum > Regional Discussions and Events > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.