Oil Pressure Gauge and Adapter Plate - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Me either, but it sure is cool

Tom Rowe
Atlanta, GA

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
67 NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
95 D1 - R380
95 D90 - R380
97 D1 - ZF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrummal View Post
I would like to receive an official email from you (from a FRAM email account) saying the same thing before I will believe you are a technical manager at FRAM. PM me for my email address.
Did he email you?

I was the one that said it causes pressure issues. No technical data just experience on Land Rovers. Put on fram filter oil light won't go out, change to a good wix or mobil 1 filter light goes right out. Seen this happen on my RRC and dozens of others with these filters.

1972 MGB
Coming Soon 2006 LR3
Trident Green, 1983 110

Need new parts, genuine Land Rover, aftermarket and off road upgrades, Support the Vendor that supports the Land Rover Community and Forum
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153

Have a DII you need a drive shaft click here
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want a
best read this first

Need used parts?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
Did he email you?

I was the one that said it causes pressure issues. No technical data just experience on Land Rovers. Put on fram filter oil light won't go out, change to a good wix or mobil 1 filter light goes right out. Seen this happen on my RRC and dozens of others with these filters.
Nope, he never emailed me.

This site sucks balls.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Rover-Holic and Admin

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Shocking

1972 MGB
Coming Soon 2006 LR3
Trident Green, 1983 110

Need new parts, genuine Land Rover, aftermarket and off road upgrades, Support the Vendor that supports the Land Rover Community and Forum
716-898-8153

Have a DII you need a drive shaft click here

Want a
best read this first

Need used parts?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSchram View Post
I don't see the advantage of the adapter plate when all that is required is a BSPP-NPT adapter, an NPT pressure switch and a pressure gauge.
Oh, it's just an option, (geared for those that don't know what any of the parts above are)... Like I'm not sure why people pay a lot of money for coffee at a coffee shop, when you can make it at home...

I'm sure there are many ways to do this project based on your knowledge and skill set..

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDream2 View Post
I'm sure there are many ways to do this project based on your knowledge and skill set..
And how willing you are to do a little research before making modifications to your car.

Not sure what coffee has to do with oil pressure gauges. But I expect most people who buy coffee in a coffee shop actually know how to make coffee and are making an informed choice when they buy it in a coffee shop.

Tom Rowe
Atlanta, GA

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
67 NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
95 D1 - R380
95 D90 - R380
97 D1 - ZF
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for that ame plate for my 96 disco I. will the same one that fits the DII fit my Disco I?

Oil Filter Sender Adapter - 3/4 unf-16

Thanks

Walter
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemnky606 View Post
I'm looking for that ame plate for my 96 disco I. will the same one that fits the DII fit my Disco I?

Oil Filter Sender Adapter - 3/4 unf-16

Thanks

Walter
Yes.

Yes, I am still alive, and still in the Rover parts business.
Text me for greatest likelihood of finding me.

260-804-0458

Dominic Perodeau/Global British is a thieving bastard, do not send him money.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I dont get how this work PTSchram...

"I don't see the advantage of the adapter plate when all that is required is a BSPP-NPT adapter, an NPT pressure switch and a pressure gauge."

Where does the new gauge install too? I looked at the image of the switch and don't understand...shouldnt there be a third port or inlet?

1995 Discovery 1

245k original miles

2" Lift..... 265/75/16 Tires.....Modified headliner....Bumper supported rear gate for water & gas jerry cans/spare tire/chain saw....Inverted/extended roof rack....8000 pound custom installed Harbor Freight winch w/ interior and exterior remote controls....top front mounted twin HID lights....Halogen side and rear lights....Hood mounted spare tire.....Front and rear cameras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.