Webasto pre heater plumbing - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Webasto pre heater plumbing

Also posted in the Defender section.

Hello,
My name is Adam and I am new to the forum and as usual with newbies I have a question!
I am living in the UK but I am not getting much help with my question over here in the UK. I drive a 300Tdi 90 with 191,000 miles on the clock and still going reasonably strong!

I want to fit a Webasto or Eberspacher engine pre heater. Not a problem in itself , but nearly all of the information I can find says to plumb the pre heater directly into the inlet and outlet hoses of the heater matrix, at the point where the hoses exit the heater matrix. I personally don't think this will efficiently heat the engine block and cylinder head, as the Webasto pump would favour the short route into and out of the heater matrix. I believe the heat output of the Webasto should be plumbed into an area near the waterpump / front of the block and the retrieve of the Webasto can exit the output of the heater matrix. This I think would create a larger circuit that heats the entire engine.

I guess what I am asking you all is any of you with a 300Tdi and a Webasto, how is it plumbed in? and have you ever tested the temperature of the block and radiator after the pre heater has performed a full pre heat cycle on a cold day?

Apologies for the strung out description and question!

Regards,

A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only General Forums > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.