2006 to 2010 Overfinch Supercharged Conversion - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default 2006 to 2010 Overfinch Supercharged Conversion

I am planning to convert by 2006 Supercharged Fullsized Range Rover to the 2010 Overfinch Model.

Trying to get the conversion parts now and placed my order for the new Overfinch kit with Mark at Overfinch USA today.

Mark is a great guy so helpful with the million of questions I asked him.

So here is my car stock except for the 24" iForged Wheels before the conversion.

I will be posting pics and steps along the way for the others that want may want to attempt this conversion.

Here are my starting pictures

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just saw a few pictures of one online. So beautiful

FULL OVERFINCH KIT

photos courtesy of SR AUTO Group

Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

A bunch of goodies came in today.

First my Overfinch kit from the UK arrived today. Thanks Mark to Overfinch USA for getting everything handled for me so quickly. I am still waiting for some of the 2010 stock land rovers parts to come in. A few items were backordered.

Second the box to send my supercharger to PSE came today. My truck is headed to SP Engineering's All Wheel Dyno next week to get a baseline run. We will then pull the supercharger unit out and send it out to Eurotoys to have the supercharger port and polished as well as adding a smaller pulley to increase the boost 2.5 lbs. We will then redyno the car and see how much horsepower it actually made. After that we will do a custom engine tune, and exhaust to see if we can extract anymore power out of my Supercharged truck.

I also recieved the custom lowering links from Mark at Overfinch. Had them installed at my local shop and the truck finally has a great stance. It lowered the entire truck about 1.5" inches, and now the 24" wheels actually look kinda of small. I will snap some photos of it next week at its new ride height.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

iForged Supercharged Range Rover Baseline Dyno Run at SP Engineering

Today I visit my good friend Alex Shen owner of the world famous SP Engineering to get on his 4 wheel drive dyno and get a baseline run on the truck before we send the supercharger unit out PSE Superchargers for port and polishing and the installation of the Eurotoys smaller pulley. The truck dynoed at 270HP to the wheels and 305FT lbs of Torque. With a new exhaust system and a refreshed supercharger unit, smaller pulley, and some programming I hope to increase 75HP to the wheels.

Check out the video below

Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here are some pictures of my new 10 piece carbon fiber interior. Purchased directly from the UK, it was a full replacement for all the factory wood pieces. Now the interior has even more a sporty feel. I am trying to get the sport carbon fiber steering wheel, carbon fiber handbrake, and carbon fiber shifter next. Also had my buddy Peter Chaney do a quick video of the interior for fun.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

why o why do people insist on converting what was once an off road vehicle into a bling mobile?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Gallery: 4
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevelkinevil View Post
why o why do people insist on converting what was once an off road vehicle into a bling mobile?
im with you on that one there mate.
im not too keen on the ''bling wheels'' also dont they give you bad vibrations though the steering wheel at stand still.?
i do like the over finch bodykits but is it really worth converting one?
its a difference of opinion..... i love my stock 04 rangerover. it dont have the best ''stock'' style wheels but i wont be changing them cause they still look good.
although i have to say it will be nice to see the end product what do you think your final cost is going to be?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Having owned an Overfinch RR before, you'd probably be cheaper off having bought a 2010 or previous used overfinch from Mark or getting one off another website and just up-converting the headlamps. Too late now, nevertheless, good luck with the conversion!
gazzychaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

I fell in love with Overfinch after reading this article:

Overfinch article

but I can see too how it kind of takes away from the original intent of the vehicle. I want the upgrades, but do not want to sacrifice the 4x4 capability. How much of that ability is lost going the Overfinch route?
LandRover2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

I spoke with Mark too. He was very helpful. How do you like the lowering links so far? I'm debating whether or not to go the adjustable route. I like the stance of your Rover, but I only have 22's on mine.
Pixel Professor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Carbon Fiber

RW,

How much did the CF cost you, and where did you buy it from?

-Dal
ImagClaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Man the body kit looks bad ass, The only thing I could of change are the wheels for an rsx Kahn or maybe even the Kahn spoiler.
Where did you find the overfinch body kit?
RangeLom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Any updates on the conversion?
RRSupercharged888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Do you have any rubbing issues with the lowered stance?? I've got 24's on my 07 Sport S/C and it rubs only on hard u-turns or if I have my suspension in the lowered position.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thought I would update this for all wondering...its now for sale and while a bit too "much" for me, it seems to be a good deal for all of the extras:

Link to the thread for those interested:

2006 Facelifted to 2010 Overfinch Land Rover Fullsize Vogue Supercharged - 6speedonline.com Forums
RogueM3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Range Rover P38, Mk III and Range Rover Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.