Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1999 DII - replace jump seat catch

993 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  tyl604 
#1 ·
The slot which holds the catch on the jumpseat has broken. It looks like it is just a replaceable plastic inset with a bar which holds the metal catch on the jumpseat. Can this be ordered and replaced? Anyone have a part number? It has only been this way for about ten years but I might want to fix it maybe.

#2 ·
I don't have the part number but your local Land Rover dealer can easily look it up. I bought one from the dealer years ago and like most things from the dealer it was outlandishly expensive - over $20 I recall. Seems like a lot for a piece of plastic. I've since picked up a spare from a boneyard truck. Check with one of the many dismantlers on the forums; one of them might have one lying around.

#4 ·
What color is your interior? There's a boneyard here with a seven passenger on the yard ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Final resolution. I finally got around to installing the black jump seat catch this week. It did not fit. Obviously you need to be year specific when you try to replace these things. Mine is a 1999 DII.

So I removed the broken one and saw that the plastic rim which holds the catch had busted off. I drilled a hole above and below and dropped an 8 penny nail through and reinstalled the thing. Worked fine. The catch holds on the nail and all is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.