Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

2'' OME lift kit rear shocks?

5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  angelfire_Discos 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if you can use a 1'' spacer in the rear of a 2000 DII with the 2'' HD OME lift I have 779's/107's up front no winch or bumper installed yet will do them after I get them back from powder coating and after holidays are over... 762's/108's hd in the rear. So the q's are can you use a 1'' to 1 3/4'' spacer in the rear to level it out and still have the rear shocks work safely as well as be functionally sound...

Thanks

#2 ·
I have the 751s in front and 762s in back. I am planning on putting 1 1/2 or 2 inch spacers on. After reading some of these guys that have the sls setup they are at 37" at the rear and still use the offroad mode. That would put the back at 39" and they say that they haven't had any problem. So I would go for it. I hate it when it looks like the rover is taking a dump.

#3 ·
I am at 36.5 up front and 34.25 in the rear with about 100pds of gear that stays in there always, tools straps etc... i have who owns a machine shop waiting to see if he is to cut or not to cut my spacers..

thanks malmberg

#4 ·
If you always carry that much weight you could always look into getting the 763s. They are suppose to be a inch higher that the 762s and are for constant weight in the rear. I would have got them but I heard they are pretty rough without the weight. I am sitting at 35 1/2" in the rear with no tools in the back an a full tank of gas. In the front I am at 37 so I am planning on leveling it off with some spacers.

#5 ·
was thinking about them to.. i may go with them down the road.. 37 in the front hmmm wonder why im only at 36 with nothing up front just 3 fog lights...

#7 ·
you'll have what bra? if i would go to the 763's i will be getting diff shocks but for now i will do the spacer in the rear to level things out with the long travel shocks i should be ok and sway bar still connected all should be good

#8 ·
I am a little higher in front b/c I have the 751s which is the HD disco 1 springs. They give a 3" lift instead of the 2". And if you look on the EE website they sell the 763s with the same shock that comes with the 762s. The spring is just longer and stronger. Even with the n108 shocks you shouldn't have a problem. Disco Mike had these shocks with the sls and said he was at 39" with the offroad button pushed and he never had a problem.

#12 ·
Same as what I am using, but they will max out at a 3" lift.

#14 ·
What off road mode, are you talking about lifting the rear using the SLS?
I only used that if I was about to get hung up on a big bolder.

#15 ·
Mike, what would still make a rover list side to side say going over speed bumps on a angle, I just installed my 2'' HD OME lift.. i drover it without anything in it except me and bottle mt dew... lol.. the front has new sway bar bushings, end links, drag link, track rod BJ's are new Hd.. the radius arms what kind of play should they have? i can take a 12 inch 3/8's ext and wiggle them just a bit, they seem tight, but rover sus are a bit new to me....

it's a 2000 DII without ace

#16 ·
I have a 2000 disco II that i bought a year or so ago. The previous owner told me it had a ome hd 2" lift but when i sit beside other rover's with 2"s of lift I am quit a bit higher. I'm sitting at 37.5" in the front and pushing 39" in the back. Does this mean i have spacer's and if so what size?

#17 ·
Look under your front and rear spring seats(where the coil sits on the axles) you should see silver maybe black metal pucks is so then ya do bra, and size maybe 1.5'' does your disco wobble side to side going over bump or speed bumps or pulling into say a parking lot with a higher curb then the road? JW

#19 ·
Also what kind of bumper is that up front can you take a good day light pic of please Landy looking around for front bumpers and wanted to see what ya had.. I have one made by Bottorf fab, that a client gave me for doing a lot of work on his discoII... I'm not sure i like the approach angle on it though...

#22 ·
That was b4 the lift, i have to get out and take some new ones with the lift on, also waiting for the spacers to come in from Justin at Lucky8... the tires are LT245/75r16 MT Yartu's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.