2000 Land Rover disco II Problems!!!!! please look - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default 2000 Land Rover disco II Problems!!!!! please look

I Bought a 2000 land rover disco series2 a week ago. the car is leaking anti freeze and oil when the car shuts off and when sometimes when i start the car in the morning the car sounds like a vacuum and when i switch it to park it does the same sound! this week has been horrible finding all these problems PLEASE HELP CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM>>????? =(
AimanRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chill out! Open the hood with the engine shut OFF. Take a look at it to try to locate where the oil is coming from and where the coolant is coming from. If you see nothing on top throw a piece of cardboard down and crawl under it to locate the leaks. Report back here with what you see and somebody can advise you.
Tim the Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
certified idiot

take some pics if possible of the leaks and also of the engine. if you have SAI it does sound like a vacuum cleaner for the first few minutes after start up. you need to post a lot more info.

the best view is always from the point of no return and you only ever have too much fuel when you are on fire.
http://www.mercdjetmegasquirt.britautorepair.com/
gurunutkins is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ok will do. This is my first land rover ever so what exactly is SAI
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

SAI= secondary air injection... 2 metal cans with piping, 1 on each side of the engine.

emissions stuff, and def. need more info. on your prob.

Bill H.

The Rave on pdf's. http://macassemble.com/lrm/
hafaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

I didn't think the 2000's had SAI.
helievacpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Unfortunatly i was driving home from work today and the land rover just stopped running. Thank God it happened when i was just around the corner from my house!! The steering Wheel got very tight and i could barely turn the car in the direction i wanted too =( can anyone PLEASE tell me whats wrong. This has turned out to be a really unreliable car.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Gallery: 8

Wow, Im sorry to hear that. Rovers are English cars though... hehehe. I see you live in Colorado. I know there is a guy in Golden with a company called LenDen Engineering. He is a Rover guy. I believe they could help you. They are located on Golden RD. near Colfax.
Coldwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldwater View Post
Wow, Im sorry to hear that. Rovers are English cars though... hehehe. I see you live in Colorado. I know there is a guy in Golden with a company called LenDen Engineering. He is a Rover guy. I believe they could help you. They are located on Golden RD. near Colfax.
Good advice - A solid Land Rover mechanic will probably be your best investment in that rig. IMHO - you were sold a typical Disco. fairly high miles from somebody that did no maintinence other than maybe oil changes (and those were probably from JiffyLube anyway). You're now experiencing a whole decade of necessary work blowing up all at once. It's a rig that is only as reliable as you make it, and it sounds like the previous owner didn't really do much to keep up it's reliability. If you have the service records from the previous owner, that is very helpful. If they didn't have any records, that would not be suprising - and it also means you're in for some pretty expensive repairs since it sounds like you're more of a driver and less of a mechanic/hands-on repair person. Take it to a mechanic, pay the scratch to do a full diagnostic and then decide if it's worth keeping the rig.
Tekbench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.