Cheap Alternative To Ipod Interface - Page 2 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Gallery: 0

Im going to be changing my deck out i bought the Dash Bracket and the PAC OEM-2 adapter is that all i need i have a 99 disco 2 with the amplified system the only problem im worried about is that i noticed on brian4d picture that the radio goes in farther i bought a in dash flip out screen hopefully there's enough clearance on the top for the screen to flip out
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap Alternative To Ipod Interface-eonon11111.jpg  
hollister2727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Beach Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister2727 View Post
Im going to be changing my deck out i bought the Dash Bracket and the PAC OEM-2 adapter is that all i need i have a 99 disco 2 with the amplified system the only problem im worried about is that i noticed on brian4d picture that the radio goes in farther i bought a in dash flip out screen hopefully there's enough clearance on the top for the screen to flip out
Might want to check before you order it.
brian4d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Roverholic

Gallery: 10

Tape adapters have a worse quality than CD/digital aux jacks, just so you guys know.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsawicki View Post
Tape adapters have a worse quality than CD/digital aux jacks, just so you guys know.
Mine dont i can turn my psp or ipod up louder and it will turn up over my speakers and my psp i can change from jazz pop rap unique and heavy it's no diffrent then the ipod interface the sound sounds good and besides who wants to take out the radio and if your cd changer dont work which in most land rovers they dont you can have thousands of mp3 i play mp4 music videos on my psp over the tape adapter

Last edited by hollister2727; 06-25-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: add
hollister2727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Gallery: 4

i have one of the tape things and its great
i gt it from tesco's for about 7 it does gt lil hot
but the sound quality it great
Old 06-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Beach Bum

All of you aren't listening to what I'm saying. The tape will run and run and run and run and run until the gears break and FRY your deck. This is the last time I'll mention it...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #22 (permalink)

Gallery: 25

Hi Brian:

So you sacrificed the steering controls huh? Man, I coludn't lice w/o those... The question I have though is this... does the usb plug charge your ipod as well? and will it work with iphone or do I have to put in in airplane mode and lose incoming calls?

I've been dying to replace my whole sound system with a flip out nav and usb, but if they don't charge and you can't get calls on the iphone I'll just keep burning out my tape deck ;-)
cheekoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Beach Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekoman View Post
Hi Brian:

So you sacrificed the steering controls huh? Man, I coludn't lice w/o those... The question I have though is this... does the usb plug charge your ipod as well? and will it work with iphone or do I have to put in in airplane mode and lose incoming calls?

I've been dying to replace my whole sound system with a flip out nav and usb, but if they don't charge and you can't get calls on the iphone I'll just keep burning out my tape deck ;-)
The USB WILL charge your ipod. It will also run your Iphone, this is what I have. If you are listening to music and get an incoming call it will mute your phone and it will ring through your speakers, It has BT (handfree) and will answer the call. When you hang up and music will un mute and turn back up... We'll worth losing the SW controls IMO.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #24 (permalink)

Gallery: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
The USB WILL charge your ipod. It will also run your Iphone, this is what I have. If you are listening to music and get an incoming call it will mute your phone and it will ring through your speakers, It has BT (handfree) and will answer the call. When you hang up and music will un mute and turn back up... We'll worth losing the SW controls IMO.
That sounds bad ass

2004 Disco SE7 - Totalled
2002 330 ci
RussRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Beach Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRover View Post
That sounds bad ass
It's nice to have. I don't talk on my phone in the car without the handsfree. I started to noticed that certain people were driving like idiots on the road, going 5 - 10 under delayed response when the light turns green and what not. I would drive past them and they ALL were talking on their cell phones. I don't want to be 'That Guy'... Hang up and DRIVE!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Gallery: 25

Wow, that's sweet. What's the model number on that unit you're running?
cheekoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
Beach Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekoman View Post
Wow, that's sweet. What's the model number on that unit you're running?
Look at the photo, it's on the upper right of the faceplate, starts with KDC.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Here is the best one, only $300: Land Rover 04 13 4in1 Bluetooth Handsfree USB iPhone iPod Streaming Audio Kit | eBay
Works as OEM and adds iPhone, USB, streaming, bluetooth and phonebook with voice.
ilink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.