Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Could this be a possible radiator nipple repair?

11K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Disco Mike 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If you have broken your's, it is because with age and heat the plastic becomes brittle and the radiator should be replaced. No cheap fix is worth loosing and engine over when another part of the plastic on our radiators fails.

#4 ·
I was fortunate. Broke mine off but there was enough nipple left for the hose to go back on and tighten down. Just wondering for the future if it is possible to make the repair. Several other posts say the JB Weld does not hold.

As far as I can tell no one has really been successful in making a permanent repair.

#7 ·
For what it costs to replace you engine, after a radiator failure, you would be foolish to try and repair the plastic. As someone mentioned, the nipples become brittle and crack, well so do the tanks at the same time.
Spend $250 or so along with a new t/stat and coolant cap and do it right.

#14 ·
Good idea and well done, but, if the nipple breaks it is because the plastic side tanks have become brittle fro age and more so from heat. You fix is a good idea but won't last long because the entire plastic tank will continue to crack/fail, putting your engine at risk for a failure.
Seriously consider replacing the radiator as soon as possible along with a new 180 t/stat and coolant pressure cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.