Error Codes, p1590, p0300, p0302 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default Error Codes, p1590, p0300, p0302

He Folks, after a long 260+ mile trip to Ft Lauderdale, took the rig (02 LR D2 SD) out for a quick trip and I noticed the trucks engine was rumbling a lil hard at stop. I hit the gas and i noticed the engine stumble and hesitate, and than I noticed the SES light came one. My first thought was, C>RAP, I pulled over and checked out if anything came loose or was leaking and nothing was. I drove to Autozone and got a OBD2 code scanner and checked the codes. 4 codes, p1590 "Manufacturer Control Vehicle spd idle speed control aux input", p0302 listed twice "a cylinder 2 misfire detected" and p0300 random multiple cylinder misfire detected. Well, I than started the engine back up and drove home to check out online what to do which the truck was than running perfect, when I got online I saw one forum saying it is common with the 3 Amigo's issue (TC, ABS and HD) fault codes which have been on my truck for about 10K miles. Well I than drove back to autozone and cleared the codes out and the SES was than removed. So at this point I'm thinking it was caused most likely by the ABS (3 Amigos), what do you guys think I should do?
maverick544 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

ABS codes or the trio of lights will not or can't cause the engine to run rough.
You had a problem and it is safe to say, it will come back.
How many miles on the truck, how long since your last tune up, plugs and wires?
Mike
Disco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

My P1590 went away when i got my ABS fault codes cleared.

My 3 amigos went away just by clearing the fault codes for what its worth.

My ABS had 4-5 faults, one of which was the shuttle valve; all went away (not saying yours will) and everything works fine and has stayed off for a couple of months. Best of luck

Scott
scottagnew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Truck has just hit 70,000 miles
Old 08-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Guys, any recommendation to what type of plugs and wires I should use?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

8mm Magnacor wires from either Rover Connection or the LRR forums.com
As for plugs most say Champions, me I still like the Bosch Plus 4's and their new Fusions.
Mike
Disco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

How are these wires:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPARK...spagenameZWDVW

"STI Wires

German Engineering

Made in the USA

Karlyn/STI has engineered a wire set line that is second to none in every aspect of performance, protection and coverage.

Application:

1999-2002 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY II 4.0L V8

(with screw on coil-terminals)

These wires are OE in diameter and fit
Resistance Test
Temperature Shock Test
Vibration Resistance Test
Voltage Leakage (Salt Water Bath) Test
High Voltage Protection Test
Voltage Interference Test
Connector to Cable Holding Force Test
Engage/Disengagement ForTemperature ce to Plug Test
Service Life and Endurance Test
Oil Resistance Test
Corrosion Resistance Test

GOOD LUCK BIDDING !!

LIST PRICE $97.00 SAVE $$$$$ NOW

TOTAL FOR THIS AUCTION IS $42.49

PLUS $7.50 S&H TO THE LOWER 48 STATES

NO RESERVE

BID WITH CONFIDENCE I DELIVER WHAT I ADVERTISE!!

CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK HERE!!

Karlyn/STI has engineered a wire set line that is second to none in every aspect of performance, protection and coverage.

Wire Insulation:
The purpose of good wire insulation is to protect the cable from voltage leaks. The single most important factor for rating insulation performance is the type of material used and not the diameter of the wire. Silicone, while resisting temperatures up to 600 degrees (F) will give you the greatest protection. Our Silicone-over-Silicone cable includes two layers of high grade Silicone for superior voltage protection. Common practice among most wire set manufacturers is to provide silicone for the outer jacket only. They may even try to advertise a bigger diameter wire (i.e. 9mm) trying to make you think that Bigger is Better while the main part of their insulation is made up of an inferior material which does not provide protection against voltage leaks. If it doesn't say Silicone-over-Silicone then it isn't.
Don't be fooled!

European Applications

Our European wire sets are made with the finest copper core silicone wire which greatly exceeds O.E. and competitior specifications. This double extruded Silicone-over-Silicone wire contains 19 strands of tinned copper core which provides "super conductivity" with superior corrosion resistance. Our wire sets always include O.E. Type Connectors, Looms, Sensors, Harness Clips & Heat/Abrasion Shields whenever needed. This results in a state-of-the-art wire set which will excite the installer and the automotive enthusiast.

Import & Domestic Applications This line comes equipped with specially designed durable boots, corrosion resistant and oversized clip-lock terminals which allow for positive electrical connection every time you install or reinstall them. Our 8.0mm Silicone-over-Silicone cable includes two layers of only Silicone for superior voltage protection.
STI uses proper distributor angle Terminals STI's 90 Degree distributor boots are equipped with 90 degree terminals. This allows for a positive feel of an electrical connection every time you install or reinstall them. Other Brands provide a 90 degree distributor boot, but NOT a 90 degree terminal. When you install their boot on a distributor cap it has a springy feel because you are actually pushing on the wire inside the boot"
Old 02-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default I Had The Same Problem With 03 Disco

IT TURN OUT I HAD SOME OIL LEAKING OUT FROM THE VALVE GASKET INTO THE SPARK PLUGS CAUSING MY ENGINE TO RUN ROUGH , I CHANGED THE PLUGS ANS VALVE COVER GASKETS AND IT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick544 View Post
He Folks, after a long 260+ mile trip to Ft Lauderdale, took the rig (02 LR D2 SD) out for a quick trip and I noticed the trucks engine was rumbling a lil hard at stop. I hit the gas and i noticed the engine stumble and hesitate, and than I noticed the SES light came one. My first thought was, C>RAP, I pulled over and checked out if anything came loose or was leaking and nothing was. I drove to Autozone and got a OBD2 code scanner and checked the codes. 4 codes, p1590 "Manufacturer Control Vehicle spd idle speed control aux input", p0302 listed twice "a cylinder 2 misfire detected" and p0300 random multiple cylinder misfire detected. Well, I than started the engine back up and drove home to check out online what to do which the truck was than running perfect, when I got online I saw one forum saying it is common with the 3 Amigo's issue (TC, ABS and HD) fault codes which have been on my truck for about 10K miles. Well I than drove back to autozone and cleared the codes out and the SES was than removed. So at this point I'm thinking it was caused most likely by the ABS (3 Amigos), what do you guys think I should do?
ITALODISCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.