Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

intake gasket replacement

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tyl604 
#1 ·
Was just told that what we thought was a badly blown head gasket may be just a intake valve gasket by the person working on it. How much does this usually run to fix? He said he has already tried to locate the leak on the head gasket but it is higher up so gonna tear it down to the intake to verify.

#4 ·
Recently had to re do my intake gasket
Leaking out passenger rear of engine. Source was actually passenger front and running back under the intake, dripping off the fuel lines. Almost impossible to isolate a leak int that area without a video scope /borascope or disassembly.
Doing a thorough job your guy is probably looking at roughly 5 hours (give or take a bit -depending on his familiarity with these engines) that is of course not including his time to this point trying to diagnose it.
You did not overheat it did you?

#6 ·
It has been maybe four years since I had my head gaskets replaced but it was about $2100 at that time. 1999 DII. To be exact it was $1700 for one or $2100 for both. Indy recommended that I do both at the same time. Since only one was bad, I did only one. The second went out in about 30 days and I spent another $1700. Lesson learned. But no problem since then. Road Britannia in Buckhead Atlanta. Included rebuilt heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.