New Engine - Page 3 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuiz View Post
I kept one piece of spring as a keepsake from my old engine. She did give me a good 66,000 miles. Not the greatest picture, but you can see it has some wear and a clean break.

Keep it under 8K RPM!!
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon)
1999 Suburban 4x4 LT (Horse trailer Tow vehicle)
mbruneaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

Gallery: 0

I just bought an 04 Discovery w/74k and new engine from Car Cannible/Cannible V8 and want to say that so far Ryan and Steve have been great to deal with. It had a oil pan leak and check engine code develop shortly after purchasing it. Had Auto Zone pull codes and found a lean left bank which pointed to oxygen sensor, called Steve back and explained what I found and he sent me an oxygen sensor because I live in Missouri and couldn't run it right back in. The sensor didn't cure the problem after all and the truck started to get the 3 amigos come on and off intermittently so I called Steve and he said to bring it back in. He found that a hose had come of the air pump which was causing the check engine code. He found the shuttle valve frayed wiring was activating the 3 amigos. The three amigos would come on at any time (moving or not) and go off when ever i turned off the engine. After restarting they would be off again but would eventually come back on until I turned it off again. He redone the oil pan gasket and now we have had it back a week and no more problems, all codes and alarms gone. This engine has a slightly larger cam and is really responsive compared to my old D1 and mileage is still 18 highway so it didn't suffer mpg from the power increase. I've had a great experience dealing with Car Cannible and Cannible V8 so far (fyi these are two separate companies, Steve runs Cannible V8 and Ryan runs Car Cannible). I'm not saying they haven't had problems in the past but my experience has been good so far. Keep in mind the problem with reviews are that folks don't share their good experiences as well as they share their bad ones.
mtnranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.