P0301 and P1319 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default P0301 and P1319

Hi,
I have been going through the forums and scouring the web but have not had any luck yet. I recently got a 2003 Disco with 125K miles on it.
Not long after i brought her the SES light came on.
I reset the codes and drove a again to see what was wrong. I got the P0301 and P1319 although the fuel tank was close to full.
I replaced the leads and plugs with platinum +4, while i was in there I also fitted a K&N and replaced the oil and filter.
reset the code and went for test drive, all seemed fine and i was happy. Next time on the freeway SES is back on. It seems to come on or start flashing when the car is doing about 2500rpm. Re-read the codes and they are the same. I pulled it apart again and changed the coil pack (not a new one but from a car that didn't have errors) I still get the same codes. I Took it in for a B&G fuel system clean but that didn't fix it either.
Now i am at a loss. Really not sure what to look at next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. She seems to run ok but the light flashed as soon as the rev get about 2500.
Plov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm still seeing the same fault code. Could these be cause by a bad fuel pump. thinking that as revs increase its getting starved for fuel.
How does it determine the low fuel level? Does it take it from the tanks sender unit or based on pressure.
Plov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default arrrrrrrrggggggg.

So I have rebuilt my engine, stripped down to the block, re-honed, new rings, mains, heads, cam, etc. After and nice gently run in period and lots of babying the codes are back. Same two codes, only when the revs reach about 2700 (just over 70mph).
I don't know what to try next? Does a Hawkeye or Blackbox give more information to what might be wrong other than just the codes.
Anyone else have any suggestions as to what might cause this.

Help me please its driving me insane.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

First get rid of the K&N before it kills your MAF or contaminates your crank case with lots of dirt.
Second, send me your number and I'll call you Monday afternoon and see if we can figure out this issue.

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters http://home.valornet.com/splacket/index.htm

Need Parts?
paulgrant@mac.com or call 203-770-1699
willtillery@roverguy.com or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8, http://lucky8llc.com/
British Parts of Utah, http://www.bputah.com/
Disco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mike,
I sent you my number in a PM. Feel free to call anytime. I really appreciate any help i can get.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

So I am getting back to working on the rover again after it has been sitting for a while. Still struggling with the same problems.
I found this post
Range Rover P38 Misfire. Here we go again! - Land Rover Zone

and the description seems similar.

Few questions.
1. does the disco have a fuel value that I can reset?
2. What equipment do i need to do this. Will a hawkeye or Blackbox solution work?
3. Any one recommend a good indy shop with the right equipment in the Detroit area? or does anyone in the area have a hawkeye?

thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Send me your number and walk thru this.

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters http://home.valornet.com/splacket/index.htm

Need Parts?
paulgrant@mac.com or call 203-770-1699
willtillery@roverguy.com or call 434-251-9331
P.T. Schram 260-804-0458

Lucky8, http://lucky8llc.com/
British Parts of Utah, http://www.bputah.com/
Disco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series II

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.