So did you figure out how to disconnect it?
x2... I may be tackling this problem as well as soon as I get new throttle linkage and other random broken things put back on the plenum so I can drive it again.
Why not just fix the" howling monkey" and be done with it.
Well, I can't speak for everyone but my reasons are:
1. Some of the tubing connected to it has completely disintigrated from heat and age, and there is no way I'm paying to replace such a stupid system.
2. I can't relocate my now non-existant washer fluid reisvoir because it is in the way (and I have reasons for not wanting a shitter pipe in front of the radiator).
3. I would have my truck back together and running again if not for that kludge of tubing (SAI) running behind/over/under where the plenum needs to go back in after changing out wires. Now I have to tow it 200 miles to a dealership. Not to mention how much easier the job would have been without all those stupid brackets in the way (I don't understand what sort of drugs a designer has to be on to think it is a good idea to bolt things to the side of the plenum that can't be easily moved out of the way).
4. So I can fix the vehicle myself without CARB-bullshit getting in my way (some of us don't have emission inspections, or any inspections for that matter). None of the local shops will touch it because they know the mess that is under the hood of one of these, and going to a dealership every time I need to do maintenance isn't an option all the way out here (see #3 above).
5. I'm grumpy over the fact that time and money lost fixing these problems is preventing me from getting a lift kit.
Thanks to secondary air and how difficult the design is to work around I'm now looking at 200 miles of towing on a flatbed, dealership parts and repair service for weird little plastic plugs that snapped off the plenum, throttle linkage (and perhaps throttle body depending on if they are considered separate parts or not), and being stuck without a vehicle for however long this all takes. When I get it back two things are happening: SAI is getting removed, smashed to pieces with a sledgehammer, set on fire, and I am buying a second vehicle.