Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Secondary Air Injection Vacuum

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jjccphillips 
#1 ·
So I'm looking for this part called a Secondary Air Injection Vacuum Unit. Oddly enough it has a BMW stamp on the part and the only search that has produced anything is on the BMW website. The part is number 13 by the way. It came dislodged from the SAI pump (held on with one bolt) and melted as it lay against the engine. I've searched the net relentlessly and to no avail... :bawling: I emailed a dealer in town so we'll see what he says but other than that I'm lost. Can I just leave it disconnected?

#3 ·
#4 ·
I love my new friends... Attached is a new image. I hadn't tried just connecting the two ends since I figured the vacuum provided negative air for something although I'm not opposed to it. From what I understand the system is supposed to push nice, clean air into the catalyst exhaust system during low-temp start. Basically to pass emmissions in lamen's terms.

Attachments

#5 ·
5 minutes later... I bought the one on eBay for 24.95 shipped. I'm happy with that. Thanks to everyone for your quick replies. Anyone in the Tampa area want to get together and work on Land Rovers? I can fix multi-million dollar military aircraft but I'm scared to touch this thing... doesn't make sense.

Reactions: JUKE179r
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.