Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Volumetric Alarm

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Doug Myers 
#1 ·
Giday, I am looking at removing the head liner to re-do the liner, sagging all over, it sits on my head as I drive.

Look like a reasonably easy job though time consuming, the thing I am not sure about is the volumetric alarm. Rave says to just remove it but I am not sure how to do that, ie is it just pull, twist etc.

Also as a guidance how long X wide do I need the trim to be to cover the liner.

Any guidance as always appreciated.

Regards Peter

#2 ·
I found extra wide headliner fabric is available by special order for not much more than the standard width. When I re-did my 1st D1, (which might be a tad smaller , not certain) I measured the headliner adding 4 inches of length to accommodate the indentions for the sunroof & various other angles in the cardboard. Generally speaking from fading memory, 70" width was what I purchased on the internet, for length simply measure adding a few inches for safety.

wlsheadliners.c; 70 inch wide foam backed headliner material for the wider vehicles.[/url] I bought mine here, located the receipt on a spreadsheet.

The key to success is to remove ALL of the foam remaining on the board, I found a BBQ steel brush perfect for this, it makes a mess but it is key to a great looking install. Use 3M spray adhesive as directed and smooth as you go, a small section at a time, afterwards trim the interior holes with a "X" cut from the center out then roll the excess under the board where it will not be seen. Have fun!

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.