Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Wet carpets, what the heck?????

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dollk 
#1 ·
Okay I know it's air conditioning season, so I will spare the whimpering. Both the passenger side and driver side carpets, under the floor mats are soaked. Hot and soaked, that is. I am thinking there is a drain hose for the air conditioing system that must be plugged and is dripping the water back into the truck.

Can someone tell me what is going on?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?:confused

#2 ·
Easy problem to fix. You have 2 drain tubes that go thru thr floor board and drain down on both sides of the transmission. Get under the truck and look for the 2 drain nipples and clean them out with a piece of wire and you will be set.
Mike

#3 ·
It's really fun when you're wearing sandals and make a turn.. you get a nice wet hot foot.. exactly what Mike said.. just open up the nipples.. you can stick a thin screwdriver or wire up there.. or just squeeze the rubber boot and it'll loosen up enough.. WARNING.. wear only an undershirt/tshirt as you will get a hot/wet/black armpit full of water.

#4 ·
rmuller said:
It's really fun when you're wearing sandals and make a turn.. you get a nice wet hot foot.. exactly what Mike said.. just open up the nipples.. you can stick a thin screwdriver or wire up there.. or just squeeze the rubber boot and it'll loosen up enough.. WARNING.. wear only an undershirt/tshirt as you will get a hot/wet/black armpit full of water.

This sounds like an erotic adventure :lol:

I can't wait to get hot and wet, and give those nipples a squeeze!!!!!!

#6 ·
One more thing to look at if its not the drain tubes. There are two round plastic caps located where the windshield wipers are at the base of the windshield. When I bought my used disco one of the caps was missing and rain water would get in the exposed hole and end up in the passenger floor board. I couldnt figure it out for the longest time until I saw the hole. I covered it with tape and the floor was dry so I ordered a replacement cap and have never had a wet floorboard. Just my .02.

#8 ·
NiagaraRover said:
Well I cleared the drain tubes and the floors are now dry!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!
:)
So, make sure in the future that you give those nipples more attention.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.