Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

2008 LR3 Front A Arm Bushing going bad...

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Eniam17 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have read that these go bad on the LR3s and is pretty common. Does anyone have any advice on replacing? Is there an aftermarket part thats better or just go OEM?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Go with the OEM, replace the arm, by the time you fight or pay to fight out the old bushings it's cheaper to just do the entire arm. The new arms come with an uprated ball joint, but i'm not sure what year they started coming on vehicles. Also, check your rear arm bushings as well, they also wear out.

#3 ·
Geez a whole arm!!! How much does that cost?

I got this info from Land Rover Asheville NC who just checked it out. They say its just the front.

Is it less expensive if I am NOT going to do it to have them replace the bushing instead of the whole arm considering labor and such?

#4 ·
If the bushings are frozen into the arm, it's more labor to mess with them and replace them than it is to just replace the whole arm. The problem is you rarely know that until it's too late. A better option would be to ask your dealer to replace the whole arm with range rover sport arms, they are more heavy duty and provide a little better ride.

#6 ·
what is the 1050 for, is that just one lower arm including labor? That seems really high if so.

#9 ·
if both sides that makes sense. Even at AB the price per lower arm is 300 or so, so that seems like a fair price. I think you will be happy with the RR Sport arms, I will do that to mine when it needs them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.