Buying concerns 07 LR3 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default Buying concerns 07 LR3

I previously posted and mentioned looking around for an '07 LR3. I found one close to me but after seeing several pictures I have a few concerns and wanted to run some questions by you guys...

When I looked at the pictures I noticed these and found bumper damage and also carpet damage from what appears to possibly be standing water stains.
After pointing these things out, the dealer said it was mud and that they were detailing the vehicle. He later emailed me back to say they were replacing the carpet.
This makes me think the previous owner did not take care of this truck and that there are probably other issues. Also, the dealer has it priced as if it has much lower mileage and is in excellent condition.
There looks to be a crack in the headlight and the radio display looks messed up as well.
Should I look elsewhere?Buying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357314943.629272.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357314956.174844.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357314971.011342.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357314985.917819.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357315000.319000.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357315018.915364.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357315034.990815.jpgBuying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357315050.663128.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Attached Thumbnails
Buying concerns 07 LR3-imageuploadedbyautoguide1357314553.541107.jpg  
$eaba$$ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would probably walk away. If you search a number of the LR forums for blocked sunroof drain you will probably come across the reasons for the carpet stain. Can't see muddy boots being the real explanation. Problem is replacing the carpet may not address the problem and any wiring issues which could bite you later.

There are other LRs out there.
stmcknig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, thanks. I think I just needed to see that someone had the same thought.
If I could spot all of these things from a few pics, there is no telling what I might find later.

Trying to be patient.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Agreed, walk away. BUT -The radio screen is probably fine. The polarized screen does that to cameras and some sunglasses, but not the naked eye (or cheap sunglasses)
morrisdl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

What is a suspension switch? How much to replace?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Luv Land Rover

If i was in your shoes I wood walk a way. I have just sold my Disc 3 '06 with 150 000 km and it still looked as new. You don't want to buy somebody else's problems and have to pay for it. You don't want to mess around with the electronics on the LR.

Because of people who don't look after there cars gives LR a bad name. You come along and really want a LR and walk in to a deal like this and the car gives you endless amount of problems. After your experience you would never want a LR again.

So walk away while you still can.

Find your self another one.
William72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

The problem is that the dealer is most likely to cover up the problem with new carpet for some unsuspecting buyer without really checking or putting it right. Always worth getting a PPI by someone who knows what to look for - couple of hundred $ now better than heartache later. And as William pointed out, a smeared view of the LR ownership experience.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Trooper

Gallery: 3

Some of the guys are giving you bad information by telling you to walk away. Here's my recommendation - RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That LR3 is hammered. The carpets are completely soaked in the pictures, the driver seat bottom looks wet, the radio display is messed up (I owned an LR3, I know what it is suppose to look like), the front bumper has damage to it, and the headlight is cracked. It doesn't matter if the car is $10,000 less than it should be, you'll make up that and more when it comes to repairs over the time you own it. The last thing you want is a neglected Land Rover.

Colin
cnfowler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
Some of the guys are giving you bad information by telling you to walk away. Here's my recommendation - RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colin
x2

It could be something as easy as someone left the sunroof open during a serious rainstorm or the truck was run through some some deep water. Regardless of how it got wet, these trucks have electrical problem gremlins even when they're dry. This one could end up costing you some serious money.

Good luck!
tcpfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
I said walk because it was a more dignified retreat - I didn’t say it had to be a leisurely walk ;-)

If it was water in through the open sunroof most likely that would have taken out the traction control switches and all hell would break loose on the dash. Blocked sunroof drains will lead to water escaping into the footwell, can be fixed but a cover up job is not the way to do it. The radio and seat look beaten up so the advice still stands, wait for another to come along.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'll bet the sunroof was left open during one helluva Oklahoma rain storm. Probably 3 to 4 inches of rain. Run my friend RUN.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

run.

i found a one owner, mint, dealer serviced HSE with 90k on the clock for 4k less a year ago. unfortunately its roof met a rather large maple tree that snapped during sandy. sad.

keep looking.
sloanfiske is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
disco biscuit

4k for a lr3 is crazy low. You wanna sell whats left?
disco biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Trooper

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco biscuit View Post
4k for a lr3 is crazy low. You wanna sell whats left?
Who said anything about buying an LR3 for $4K?

Colin
cnfowler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
disco biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanfiske View Post
run.

i found a one owner, mint, dealer serviced HSE with 90k on the clock for 4k less a year ago. unfortunately its roof met a rather large maple tree that snapped during sandy. sad.

keep looking.
This guy. I bought a d2 for close to that but for an 07 as in o.p.???....
disco biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery 3 / LR3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.