Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

HDC Fault error messages

21K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LandyLR3 
#1 ·
Every few days I get an error message, reads as follows:

HDC Fault
System not available.
I get 3 warning chimes and 3 warning lights..the brake light and 2 others. I took a picture of the dash when it happened last, but cant figureout how to attach it here.

Anyone ever get this? When this happens, the suspension lowers itself to access level or lower and wont go back to normal unless I turn the truck off and back on

#3 ·
Keith, this happened to me the other day. I re-booted it and then drove 600 miles without incident. I hope it doesn't start re-curring. My first guess would be the battery. My battery is new though...so it could be simply a random voltage irregularity. Sensors are constantly monitoring such things.

#4 ·
05 LR3 HDC Fault

I had the same thing and it would not correct itself. Thanks to this forum i recommeded to the mechanic trying to fix it with out any luck to look at the break light switch. It turns out that the switch was fine but a wire connected to the switch was not getting electricity. A quick fix and the HDC fault is gone.

I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.