LR3 dash replacement - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default LR3 dash replacement

Hello all. First time post so I apologize for a question right out of the gate. I have been searching for a replacement dash for my 05 LR3 without any luck. With the recent cold weather we have experienced here in North Carolina my dash has cracked around the passenger airbag. I have contacted Rovers North, which sells them, but they do not have any in stock and do not know when they will have one. Does anyone here have any reliable contacts for interior parts in addition to Rovers North? I have asked that they contact me when they have one in stock but who knows when that would be. Thanks very much in advance for any information you can provide.
Gopirates367 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Junk yard is your best bet.

You best try a junk yard. Diamond Auto Parts of Wisconsin per the link below is not afraid to purchase wrecked Land Rovers. I have got good parts from them so if you cannot find someone local, give them a try.

Diamond Auto Parts - Quality Auto Parts and Auto Repair - Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; Traxide dual battery kit; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion fog light bulbs; Patch cellular antenna to underside of interior of glass roof; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion control system; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Manual upper rear door cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented rotors; LR4 hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 Bluetooth Module; 3 Blink signal light feature; Clock on the Dash; D4 Backup Camera.
bbyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

I guess the only problem with a wreckers or dismantlers is that the dash is likely to be the worse for wear for the passenger airbag deploying ;-)
stmcknig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default The 3 is expensive to repair.

The 3 is even more expensive to repair than it is to maintain.

Hence it does not take much damage to write off an early 3. Some of the bone yards have pictures of the wreck, (Diamond does if you can find them.). A bit of rear end damage and it is a write off so I would not quit the search before I started one.

Also if you can find pictures of wrecked 3's, it is impressive how little distortion of the cabin there is - it makes you feel safe. Yes, the interior may be history if all the air bags go off but the cabin itself remains intact. Also look at how the exterior skin distorts; it looks more like a bed sheet wrinkle when being pulled than tin foil scrunched up.
2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; Traxide dual battery kit; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion fog light bulbs; Patch cellular antenna to underside of interior of glass roof; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion control system; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Manual upper rear door cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented rotors; LR4 hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 Bluetooth Module; 3 Blink signal light feature; Clock on the Dash; D4 Backup Camera.
bbyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Smile LR3 upper dashpad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopirates367 View Post
Hello all. First time post so I apologize for a question right out of the gate. I have been searching for a replacement dash for my 05 LR3 without any luck. With the recent cold weather we have experienced here in North Carolina my dash has cracked around the passenger airbag. I have contacted Rovers North, which sells them, but they do not have any in stock and do not know when they will have one. Does anyone here have any reliable contacts for interior parts in addition to Rovers North? I have asked that they contact me when they have one in stock but who knows when that would be. Thanks very much in advance for any information you can provide.
Hi. I do have used upper dash pad for LR3 in good condition. Let me know if you still interesting for this part. You may contact me at madelynne168@gmail.com. Thx.
LRusedparts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery 3 / LR3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.