LR3 Tirewear Lawsuit - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2007, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: Bloomfield, CT If I died today, I lived there all my life.
Gallery: 2
Default LR3 Tirewear Lawsuit

http://www.landroverclassaction.com/

I am not particularly fond of Lawyers, but I hate it when a manufacturer tries to shift some of the blame for their mistakes onto the consumer.
TerryS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rocky Mountain High

Gallery: 0

Help me out here..... does that mean it you go off-road or hit less than perfect roads you will kill the tires? I know 4-wheeling wears out tires faster..but how fast are Lr3 loseing tires?

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Colorado's own 'jacked up little kid' is Funrover. And he's usualy in the springs.
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Just an observer of freaks

I've read stories of wearing down from around 7500 to 15K. The Good Years were pretty worn (evenly though) when I got mine with 13K. There were also Michellin papers in the glove box so not sure if those were on before. I know it's the bush settling thing, but personnaly I feel the stock tire choices are not great for this weight of vehicle & that plays a factor (but what do I know lol).

I don't get the law suit though. LR fixes it & replaces tires for free.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Used with Vigor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview

I don't get the law suit though. LR fixes it & replaces tires for free.
No, they don't. Some dealers do, but LR does not. And they prorate them. If your tires wear out after 12,000 miles, you are SOL. And if they are worn out at 12,000, well, hey, that's a real problem in my book!

It is ridiculous to expect to buy a new set of tires EVERY YEAR, but then, that's why they are called GOODforoneYEAR tires.

The problem is not strictly tire wear either, it's off camber tire wear (inside edge wear, cupping, etc... All classic signs of bad alignment, cause by...the bad bushings that are wearing prematurely.

It's weird. LR has done a really great job patching and fixing all the little nits that popped up on the early models, but why they let this one get to where it is just makes no sense.
nwoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hmmm I thought that was the purpose of a manufacturer's service bulletin. I haven't seen the text for this one - 12000 miles is insane .

Nate, how well have your Nitto's held up? Would you recommend having alignment checked with each service (especially when using offroad)?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Used with Vigor!

Quote:
Hmmm I thought that was the purpose of a manufacturer's service bulletin. I haven't seen the text for this one - 12000 miles is insane .

Nate, how well have your Nitto's held up? Would you recommend having alignment checked with each service (especially when using offroad)?
The Nitto's are good. 22,000 miles and only about 20% tread wear. I expect 40k out of these. Around here, JustTires and Big-O-Tires will do a four wheel alignment on a computer controlled rack for about $45. Cheap insurance. The dealer won't do it unless your tires demonstrate uneven wear.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey, went for my 15K service today & asked for an alignment check because I was concerned with new tires fitted and they did it no questions! Maybe it helps to wear a skirt LOL.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rocky Mountain High

Quote:
Hey, went for my 15K service today & asked for an alignment check because I was concerned with new tires fitted and they did it no questions! Maybe it helps to wear a skirt LOL.

it didn't for me..LMAO!!!

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Colorado's own 'jacked up little kid' is Funrover. And he's usualy in the springs.
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Used with Vigor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funrover
it didn't for me..LMAO!!!
Eeewwww! Time to poke out my minds' eye!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Psst, try shaving your legs next time
Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Former LR tech, Albany NY

Quote:

trust me we dont have a problem aligning a vehicle with new tires what soever.

it helps us down the road from hearing you complain about losing the tires.

its cheap insurance.

but when they are original its a different story.

theres hoops to jump thru.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Default Avons

I just ordered a new set of Avon tech ST's I will let you know how they roll. I have a set of Wrangler HP 18" OEM if anyone wants them. seattle WA USA, 10k miles

Mouser830
mouser830 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

I just went in for my first service on my 06 LR3 w/ 19in rims and goodyears. They did an alignment because they saw some feathering. When I got it back there was a high frequency vibe coming through the steering wheel at freeway speeds. I took it back and they told me that it was caused by the tires cupping and that now it was properly aligned and balanced and it should wear away the vibe. Is that for real? I don't think it is anything dangerous but it is a little annoying.
PEXMO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

I purchased a used 2006 LR3 without knowing of the pending lawsuit. I just shelled out 1000 dollars for tires(630)alignment(200) rotate and balance(50) plus labor cost(110). I only put 11000 miles on the tires that was brand new upon my purchase. Even with the dealers knowing the situation with the wearing of the tires they had no mercy. Recommended I get an alignment(200 a pop) every year to slow down the wear on the tires(yeh right). The model has a suspension problem that the manufacturers refuse to admit to because it would cost them. In the meantime it will continue to cost the owners of these vehicles. This smells of a scam. If I would have known, the purchase would not have been made. I am hoping the lawsuit is eventually certified.
mrkimb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery 3 / LR3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.