Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Suspension Fault

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sowr 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've been a Land Rover owner for about 4 months now (2006 LR3 55000 miles) and absolutley love the truck. Its a dd for the wife and I only get the chance to drive it a few times a month. Every now and then we get a suspension fault and once we've gotten an HDC fault but everything appears to work fine. If you shut the truck off and restart it may go 2 weeks before you get another fault. What could be causing this?

#2 · (Edited)
I would lean towards a battery on the way out. A Height Sensor issue will usually show up more consistently than you described. Sounds amperage related since you also noted the HDC fault. Take care of this before the Reduced Engine Performance and Transmission Limited Gears Available faults start popping up. Also, don't forget a faulty brake pedal switch possibility.

#4 ·
X2, replace the battery ( the correct way - plug a booster box on the terminals to keep all memory ) as when tha tsucker dies, then it is a guaranteed trip to the Shop for resetting fault codes

#3 ·
I had a similar issue until one day the truck became a low rider and I had to go for a new compressor. I had to take it to Land Rover to tell me what the issue was due to the fact no repair shop had the software to diag the issue because of the year of the truck. Land Rover Love'$ when that happen$. Good Luck hopefully it's just a sensor.

#5 ·
Just an F.Y.I. On my 05' lr3 you can disconnect the battery without losing the radio, it does not have a code that needs to be entered after the battery is connceted.I would check with the dealer about your 06' the parts dept can answer that question for you without having to make a trip to the dealer.

#7 ·
HDC Fault

I had a HDC fault at startup and a quirky satnav also. I took my LR in for its 45K service and got the battery replaced for free under warranty.

Those issues have now gone away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.