Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Suspension Fault-NHO

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave Legacy 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I am glad I have found a great place for information on my LR3. I hate that I start out new to a forum with a problem, but I wanted to get some insight before I start looking into a repair.
I have a 2006 LR3 with 55k miles that has been a fantastic car (knocking on wood). Here lately I have been getting a "Suspension Fault-Normal Height Only" message that has become quite annoying. It has happened a few times in the past, but gone away after cutting the truck off. Now it seems to happen every single time I drive it.
I have spoken to a few people and have gained a good amount of knowledge on possible issues but wanted some more advice. From what I have been told this issue can stem to needing to replace the compressor to a leaky air bag. My compressor seems to work fine, no loud noises and only runs for about 90 seconds when I first start up. The fault message come on at random times although I have now noticed a few times that it comes on after I hit a bump in the road...other times may be just sitting at a stoplight, or driving.
I want to get this problem corrected and I know it may be expensive, and I dont mind this as long as its done right the first time! I know if I take it to a dealer they will want to replace the most expensive part and move their way down the line. I found a few LR repair shops in town (Charlotte, NC area) and they seem to be happy to fix this but I want some more info so I can go in their shops better prepared...
Any help or advice is very appreciated.

Matt

See less See more
#4 ·
If you are not experiencing actual suspension symptoms and the only indicators are warnings and Bongs, you may only have a simple systems charging issue - ie; failing battery. Start there and begin eliminating issues. Does your suspension drop to access mode? Do you have warnings about Special Programs Not Available? Reduced Engine Performance? Limited Gears Available? Next, move on to a proper diagnosis from the Dealer of capable Indy. Odds are that is a faulty suspension height sensor or you are in need of a re-calibration of the sensors. It may not be all that expensive as long as you walk in to the shop armed with the basic knowledge of your suspension system and active components involved. Good luck.

#6 ·
I have a 2006 LR3 with 46K miles on it. I've only owned it for about a year. I've recently started getting the same "suspension fault" notice. Checking the 4x4 info shows it always to be the offside rear as being low. It only seems to happen when it's piggin' cold (and we've had a lot of that sort of weather lately) and only when the vehicle is stationary.

I'm not getting any symptoms -- just and orange light, the text warning and that lovely polite "ping". The fault seems to clear itself almost immediately on the 4x4 info.

I've been writing it off to a combination of cold weather and software glitches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.