Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

anyone put on X5 wheels yet?

11K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  stolenheron 
#1 ·
I know BMW X5s have the same 5x120mm bolt pattern as the D2/P38s do. I have some of my bimmer friends hunting for 16" X5 wheels for me. i was wondering if anyone has done this yet or has pics of a disco or p38 on X5 16s or 18s (obviously non staggered).

#7 ·
i donno if they are, i'd plan on painting them black anyway so i can always paint over the bimmer center caps. i'm not really sure if i'm gonna drop the cash on rims just yet.

if i play my cards right, i can find a used RTE 2" lift and shocks for the same price. then install it, then by xmas i should be able to convince the parents to help me pay for larger tires....but if i buy the rims first, i wont have the moeny for the lift....

so i may put these rims on hold...

#10 ·
no idea. i'm definitely not gonna buy them without a test fit. nor do i think i will be buying them anytime soon. i just know they have the same lug pattern.

mirages are just ugly sorry michael. we have boxy ass trucks, and all the mirages are are smooth curved spokes with no straight lines. i just dont like how they look on rovers at all. hurricanes, comets, and the 6 spoke 16" fit rovers soooo much better when it comes to styling, i just wish they were all 16"s and not 18s"

#11 ·
I know after market X5 rims are transferrable with DII/P38 rims, without doing anything to the mounting holes, circumference of the center hub, or the like. But you need to find X5 rims which are close to your offset. Pull your wheels, pull Michaels; and see if there is any difference in LR wheels in offset between the 16" and 18". Then find an online tech manual and find an X5 wheel with as close to the offset of a standard 16" LR wheel, and you'll be fine.

#14 ·
yeah same ones. those are the rims i really want for my disco...but those a $195 per wheel new, and people don't sell them too often new in my price range at the moment.

wheels arent my priority at the moment. i was kinda brain storming outloud with these bimmer wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.