Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Introduce yourself (Archived)

2M views 1K replies 896 participants last post by  reverendALC 
#1 ·
This thread won't really apply to any of the older members but if you feel the need to formally introduce yourself..lol..please do so here.

As for new members! Welcome to the Land Rovers Only boards! :wave: Use this thread to briefly write a little bit about yourself, and what Land Rover you own, want to own, or have previously owned!

As always, we hope to be your last stop in your search for a Rover Enthusiast forum and that you find everything you're looking for. And if you don't, we'll make sure to find it for you!

Enjoy your stay :drink1:

#2 ·
Hello fellow rovers!!!

i'm 20 years old from jacksonville, fl. and i am a mechanical engineering student at the university of north florida.

i still prowl these forums even though my 2001 Disco SE7 was brutally murdered in an accident. 2001-sept.1 2006 (r.i.p.). After the insurance gave me my money...i ended up buying a subaru wrx wagon it's still all wheel drive...but it is definitely not my land rover. I love land rovers, and as soon as i'm done driving 400 + miles a week to college and around town, i'll be in another. But you can find me on here trying my best to help out with what i know, and what i have learned from my baby.

#1,071 · (Edited)
This is a great introduction and I'm sorry to have to say this but I had a horrible time at UNF. I went there for a 2 semesters. Stayed in the circular dorms next to the basketball courts. The place does not lend itself to being a social school - because of how the campus is designed. It has a nice woodsy feel. It very clean. But the social aspect really sucks. It keeps people away from each other. My experience there was really bad. I didn't even get laid there.

I got into disagreements with professors. In my mind college was supposed to be an intellectual learning experience. I did not understand I was going to college to agree with everything the professor said. The first semester I had to threaten a women computer professor with "blackmail" (though I would call it leverage since it's not blackmail and does not met the legal definition of the word so I don't know what you would call it) just to give me the grade I rightfully earned. She failed me because I told her "honestly none of this is applicable to the real world it's not teaching me skills I can directly use to make money I'm just here taking your tests to go through the motions and get a degree". The women got angry and egotistical. I got my failing grade posted on the door and went to her office later to "discuss" ( I already knew the reason she was failing me). I recorded our conversation and got her on tape failing me for being "insulting" to her and "disrespecting her career" with my remarks. She basically admitted she failed me because she didn't like me. Then she told me if I wanted a degree I should take her failing grade as a "learning experience".

I produced the recording to her later. I told her I had thought an apology was in order. Instead I showed up, closed the door, played the tape, and threatened to spam her colleagues and the class email list. Her smirk quickly changed and she refused to answer me only telling me what I was doing was "disgusting" "wrong" "unethical" and "illegal" because I did not have her consent to record the conversation. She said I would be hearing from her and demanded I leave. After a few days - she quietly changed the grade to pass. She folded like her cheap suit. That was a "victory" for me because it taught me that in life when someone wrongs you like this just because they can... you play chess stick and up for yourself. I did nothing wrong to this lady at all. I just wanted the grade I earned. Nothing more nothing less. Cannot believe I had to resort to that just to get the passing greade I rightfully earned from an egotistical professor.

The other professor was a business law professor who personally disliked me because I did not goose step in line with everything he said like some mindless fool. So he failed me by giving me - a 69.5%. It's outrageous. He harshly graded me then said he did not have to round up (70% was passing) and the admin office sided with with him on appeal. I got massive parking tickets, when I didn't have the money to pay I tried to "hide" the car on the top of a rarely used parking garage. Eventually they found it, booted it, and some frat boys made a party around it and stuck a fire extinguisher up the muffler. When I eventually got it back - it actually ran. They shot the whole fire extingusher up the muffler and it did not destroy the engine.

I met some hot French girls who were foreign exchange students but the fat one blocked me from the other ones and the others sided with their friend. She was short fat loud mouthed with a visible camel toe. Blocked me at every turn trying to get at her friends. Insisting I sleep with her when I had zero interest in doing so. Literally had to kick this fat French tree stump out of the kitchen for handing me condoms. Ugh. So many more things happened to me at UNF. All bad. Not one good experience. The only good experience I had was when that fat French girl left her hot friend was there who just broke up with her BF, she was very conservative not like the other French girls who had left she was a "good" girl I wanted but she had a BF in France she was loyal to. I run into her 1 day before she is leaving her dorm kissed on my couch but she refuses to go any further instead she insists for me to go on a road trip with her the next day - super spontaneous - just me and her - which means I would have been leaving UNF shagging this hot French girl on a cross country road trip... But I was young, poor and broke. Parking tickets took my money. Begged parents for money and they laughed. Now they ain't got no Grandkids. I would've married that girl in a second. Thanks Mom and Dad.

So many other terrible things happened to me at UNF. I could go on and on. I could write a book. It was horrible. The roommate I got was a dredlocked drug addict loser. He moves out then rents the room for dope money to some guy off the street hitchhiked from Miami who I found out was not even a student there! This is what happens when you get the government involved in things. They give anyone with a pulse a student loan in the name of "equality" and you get all these unqualified dregs and other people that have no business going to university at all. Worthless degrees etc.

That school was a terrible experience for me. The best I got was something good - the French girl - yanked away because I did not have the cash for the road trip so she went alone. On top of that the course work at UNF was difficult to the point where nothing was applicable to the real world. They marketed themselves as offering a logistics degree. But their logistics professors had no real world experience. The microeconomics professor failed me and I was force to kiss his a__ to pass with a B which I EARNED. Yet another professor failing me unjustly. But after I kissed his fat butt he passed me. Fat bald guy talked about football all the time and shut the door after 10:00am to teach late students it was "not acceptable to be late" for his class. So the class would start at 10:00am - but he would shut the door at 10:00am.

His real reason for locking the door at 10am - his ego - he wanted everyone waiting for him outside ... begging like dogs to let them in to his classroom.. like he was someone big and important. What I am saying is he got off on this... and did this every morning .. Arriving to a crowd of mostly young students waiting for him like he was some kind of celebrity, then letting everyone in .. and immediately locking the door after letting everyone in. And I'm PAYING for this. Paying to wait for him everyday, kiss his butt and learn useless worthless information. The man did not have one iota of hands on experience in the real world - not one - he was an ivory towered tenured professor with a huge ego who thought he was a god. His stupid quantative mathmatical microeconomics formulas and charts had no relevance to the real world whatsover. Just a huge headache to memorize garbage that he made up to call himself a genious. WTH was his name. He was a Fat Bald Sissy. Walked with one arm swinging fast other slow. I can't remember. This is economics and he is making everyone do Tic Tac Calc and Trig charts. It was nuts.

When I left my credits didn't even transfer. God what a lonely sapping waste of time and effort that place was for me. Sorry for the rant but man .. I resented that place with a passion.

#3 ·
Well I been here a minute but I'll introduce myself

My name is Jarell Terry I'm From Union City,Califonia and I'm currently 19 years turning twenty in December.

I currently Drive a 1996 Discovery SE Epsom Green with Bahama Beige leather. She has a Sony premium 10-CD changer and Dual roofs. This is my first car and I'm proud to say I own it. She has gained a lift and new tires and she will be getting a new bumper in December. I want my Future rover to be a Defender 90 with all the trimmings. But I'm still keeping my Disco.

#5 ·
Hi! After lurking in the background for a while, I decided to join and introduce myself.
My name is Glen and I have 2 rovers, a 2003 Freelander, lifted, BFG AT's, HD "A" bar with lights and a few other personaliztions. My Series has been great fun and a great learning experience. I have brought it back to life with new steering, brakes, wheels and tyres and a fair amount of new paint and lots of odds and ends. My goal is not to restore it to show room condition, but make it safe and fun to drive.
I look forward to learning more about my rovers and hope this site will help!

#7 ·
Hello, new owner here.....actually have been looking for a Rover for awhile, but the wife thought the 00 Blazer was fine. After I priced a lift and all, I was given the green light to go shopping.

Actually bought the Green Machine previously loved and cared for by another member Siam, who also directed me to the board. So I am now the proud papa of the 88 RRC.

NorCal located, insurance sales (so I can field questions if needed in a general way)

Not much to tell, just glad to be a part, enjoy the information and check in daily. Thanks to everyone who contributes and makes it a litte easier for a newbie to learn how and when to get the hands dirty!

#9 ·
2Rovers! Welcome aboard man! Nice beginning to the collection! I've seen those Freelanders in action and no matter what people say...I like them! Very nimble!

Mike! Welcome aboard too! GREAT truck to begin with!

Kelli...lol...lets leave your intro post in the Lounge section..LOL...

Jordie...I hear ya man..luckily I came to my senses before I could regret it. I was MOMENTS away from listing my truck on ebay! Luckily with the final breath of sense I took before clicking the link, I was able to make the right decision.

#10 ·
01001010 said:
Hey Jarell...when in December do you turn 20??? I do to on December 6th.

And Jordie! Sorry for your loss man! The replacement actually isnt all that bad. Thanks for stickin around!
I turn Twenty on the 16th ten days later my Friend.:)

#11 ·
hey my name is jonny. im 16 and i am the proud owner of a 1996 discovery i bought of my dad last year. My friends nick named my the disco the ambulance because of the way its painted. i have big plans for the landy but i have a small problem called money. ive bin here for i would say amost a year. i have a Myspace if any one else has one.
well peace

#884 ·
Hello, you asked for questions, you got it.

Car:
2004 Discovery, 136k

Me:
Retired in 1982 from this line of work, yes I'm an old fart

2 Days ago the Disc was running fine. Just had a loud chirp from a head gasket that blew out the side of the head ( never saw that in 20 yrs.) anyway R&R with new head gasket seals etc. Started right up, idles smooth, it's now a Rolls Canardly rolls down hill canardly make it up hill. No joke while sluggish and top end limited this thing will go in level ground doesn't have the power to make it up hill. I don't know what half this crap is and have limited tools and pretty much no diagnostic skills for this thing. Again this thing was running good till I put my grubby hands on it.

Help!! Thanks

Philip Reimers

#14 ·
My name is Matt, aka AppStateDisco. I'm in college at Appalachian State in the mountains of NC. I have a '95 Disco SE7 lifted about 3" with OME extra heavy duty springs, rancho 9000's adustable in rear and 5000's up front(I think?). I removed my front valence(plastic) bumper and have a useless brushguard on there. I have 260/70/R16 General Grabber A/T2's on it now, I really miss my interco trxus M/T's though. I get terrible gas milage. I play rugby. I drink constantly. At a party I'll start off hitting on the hottest girl there, but end up going home with the fattest, it's inevitable. I'm from Charlotte, NC and my favorite food group is meat. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

#15 ·
appstatedisco said:
My name is Matt, aka AppStateDisco. I'm in college at Appalachian State in the mountains of NC. I have a '95 Disco SE7 lifted about 3" with OME extra heavy duty springs, rancho 9000's adustable in rear and 5000's up front(I think?). I removed my front valence(plastic) bumper and have a useless brushguard on there. I have 260/70/R16 General Grabber A/T2's on it now, I really miss my interco trxus M/T's though. I get terrible gas milage. I play rugby. I drink constantly. At a party I'll start off hitting on the hottest girl there, but end up going home with the fattest, it's inevitable. I'm from Charlotte, NC and my favorite food group is meat. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
CLASSIC!!! :drink1:

#17 ·
Hello, My name is Allan im 20 years of age and I am a RoverHolic.... lol I currently own a 1994 discovery OME HD springs and shocks. i live in florida where the dumbass lovebugs are swarming us right now.... i go to valencia community college, i am in my last semester and will be joining the Air Force when i get my AA and um..... i like long walks on the beach....

#18 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I've been on here a while.. but since everyone else is updating their introduction.. I'll do it too.. I tend to lurk a bit more than post but wanted to say you guys have been very helpful with info. I would suggest to the new guys to check out the search feature on this site.. it rules. My favorite mod so far has been a AAA membership.. I highly reccomend one. Haven't had to use it.. but it does put me at ease that it is there. My D1 is as stock as they come.. Not really looking to mod it much.. at least not on the exterior.

I just found out that I won't be going to MAR this year.. which really stinks.. :bawling: but at least I have the spring rally to look forward to :cool:

Anyway, Welcome new dudes! & thanks old dudes.

EDIT: I'm 34, Married. no kids, not yet. 3 cats & a dog.

#19 ·
Well, I have been a member since December, almost a year, so I consider myself to be new.

Patrick Albaugh, 18...going to be 19 on November 12. Then going to Canada to try out my first bar that same weekend. :beer: :drink1: :lol:

Had my 95' RRC LWB since December. Has come a long ass way from what it was, and I still am building it.

I go to school and the University of Northwestern Ohio. Going from my associate's in Automotive Technology, then I plan to work at a Land Rover dealership, possibly in CO. :)

And I am with Funrover (Aaron) on what he said. LMAO :D :boobies:

#21 ·
I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....

#22 ·
astateofmike said:
I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....

Man, have fun with those interco's. they're sick tires!! One thing though, rotate them as much as possible!! They will wear down extreamly fast, and they're too good of a tire to only last 15k(as in my case). Those tires will get you through just about anything with a locked center diff and good driving. Their sidewalls are probably the stongest I've ever encountered for a road tire also. Beat the hell out of them but show them the respect they deserve. Good luck!

#24 ·
My name is Russ, I live in Boston, MA which means there ain't no stinkin' place to go off-road anywhere near me, (if you know of something let me know), and I work in the marine industry. This is my first LR after having had major envy for many years. I ended up getting perhaps the least desireable disco out there: '03 Disco S. But if I told you what I paid for it you wouldn't blame me. Had it since the spring and no mods yet. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Ready for some numbers...
I am turning 38 on the same day as my fourth wedding anniversary and the same day one of our two dogs (plus one cat, four ferrets and a dozen or so fish) will turn nine which will be two days before we leave for MAR for part of a two week vacation which is our first one in three years.

#25 ·
My name is Nic, I'm 22 and mechanical engineering student at the University of South Florida. I am currently VP of the USF Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, we are ranked #2 in North America in Baja SAE and somewhere in the 50's in Formula SAE. I am also currently creating a USF 4x4 club that will be officially reconized by the university as a legitimate student organization.
I drive a 91 RRC Hunter Edition, with 2" OME HD, OME shocks, 2" RTE spacers and brake lines on ~33" Wrangler A/T's. Custom made the front bumper, brush guard and winch mount. Which is a Harbor Frieght special 8K lbs.
I grew up racing harescrambles, cross country dirtbike racing, and now drink too and party way too much. Just moved into a 3600 sqft house along the major river running through Tampa with 5 of my buddies, we've built it into our own private bar, bar, pooltable, megatouch gambling, jukebox, kegerator, electronic dart board, fooseball, and hot tub. Needless to say nothing very productive goes on here. But its college, so we don't have to be yet.:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.