Introduce yourself (Archived) - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking Introduce yourself (Archived)

This thread won't really apply to any of the older members but if you feel the need to formally introduce yourself..lol..please do so here.

As for new members! Welcome to the Land Rovers Only boards! Use this thread to briefly write a little bit about yourself, and what Land Rover you own, want to own, or have previously owned!

As always, we hope to be your last stop in your search for a Rover Enthusiast forum and that you find everything you're looking for. And if you don't, we'll make sure to find it for you!

Enjoy your stay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 07:02 PM

Hello fellow rovers!!!

i'm 20 years old from jacksonville, fl. and i am a mechanical engineering student at the university of north florida.

i still prowl these forums even though my 2001 Disco SE7 was brutally murdered in an accident. 2001-sept.1 2006 (r.i.p.). After the insurance gave me my money...i ended up buying a subaru wrx wagon it's still all wheel drive...but it is definitely not my land rover. I love land rovers, and as soon as i'm done driving 400 + miles a week to college and around town, i'll be in another. But you can find me on here trying my best to help out with what i know, and what i have learned from my baby.
post #3 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Majesticdisco1

Well I been here a minute but I'll introduce myself

My name is Jarell Terry I'm From Union City,Califonia and I'm currently 19 years turning twenty in December.

I currently Drive a 1996 Discovery SE Epsom Green with Bahama Beige leather. She has a Sony premium 10-CD changer and Dual roofs. This is my first car and I'm proud to say I own it. She has gained a lift and new tires and she will be getting a new bumper in December. I want my Future rover to be a Defender 90 with all the trimmings. But I'm still keeping my Disco.

1997 DI SD
Bright White
5" lift
33x10.50 BFG KM's
"rock crawler" rims
Rovertym/Rovertracks HD steering
Custom Front/Rear bumpers

post #4 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Hey Jarell...when in December do you turn 20??? I do to on December 6th.

And Jordie! Sorry for your loss man! The replacement actually isnt all that bad. Thanks for stickin around!
post #5 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 AM

Hi! After lurking in the background for a while, I decided to join and introduce myself.
My name is Glen and I have 2 rovers, a 2003 Freelander, lifted, BFG AT's, HD "A" bar with lights and a few other personaliztions. My Series has been great fun and a great learning experience. I have brought it back to life with new steering, brakes, wheels and tyres and a fair amount of new paint and lots of odds and ends. My goal is not to restore it to show room condition, but make it safe and fun to drive.
I look forward to learning more about my rovers and hope this site will help!
post #6 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:29 AM

Welcome Guys! Although, I usually cannot contribute to your 'rover needs'... ..I'm glad while you were lurking around, you found that most of this group can help you out!

Good luck!

(Oh JC, do I need to formally introduce myself? Hmm....better not.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #7 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Large Land Mammal

Hello, new owner here.....actually have been looking for a Rover for awhile, but the wife thought the 00 Blazer was fine. After I priced a lift and all, I was given the green light to go shopping.

Actually bought the Green Machine previously loved and cared for by another member Siam, who also directed me to the board. So I am now the proud papa of the 88 RRC.

NorCal located, insurance sales (so I can field questions if needed in a general way)

Not much to tell, just glad to be a part, enjoy the information and check in daily. Thanks to everyone who contributes and makes it a litte easier for a newbie to learn how and when to get the hands dirty!
post #8 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010

And Jordie! Sorry for your loss man! The replacement actually isnt all that bad. Thanks for stickin around!

look at us december babies!!!! i'll be 21 on December 27

yeah...the replacement isnt thaaaattt bad....i do miss that landy though...
post #9 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

2Rovers! Welcome aboard man! Nice beginning to the collection! I've seen those Freelanders in action and no matter what people say...I like them! Very nimble!

Mike! Welcome aboard too! GREAT truck to begin with!

Kelli...lol...lets leave your intro post in the Lounge section..LOL...

Jordie...I hear ya man..luckily I came to my senses before I could regret it. I was MOMENTS away from listing my truck on ebay! Luckily with the final breath of sense I took before clicking the link, I was able to make the right decision.
post #10 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Majesticdisco1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010

I turn Twenty on the 16th ten days later my Friend.

1997 DI SD
Bright White
5" lift
33x10.50 BFG KM's
"rock crawler" rims
Rovertym/Rovertracks HD steering
Custom Front/Rear bumpers
post #11 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:46 AM

hey my name is jonny. im 16 and i am the proud owner of a 1996 discovery i bought of my dad last year. My friends nick named my the disco the ambulance because of the way its painted. i have big plans for the landy but i have a small problem called money. ive bin here for i would say amost a year. i have a Myspace if any one else has one.
well peace
post #12 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Former LR tech, Albany NY

I dont own a rover but I stayed in a Holiday Inn express

nope, actually Land Rover technician.
ARDisco2 likes this.

I used to work on Rovers. Got a question just ask, need a Rover looked at, Albany, New York.
post #13 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovin4life
I dont own a rover but I stayed in a Holiday Inn express

nope, actually Land Rover technician.
LOL.. ..good one! Hmm..a tech ehh? HA!...I'll let PT have a break and I'll bug you now...haha..jk
post #14 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 PM

My name is Matt, aka AppStateDisco. I'm in college at Appalachian State in the mountains of NC. I have a '95 Disco SE7 lifted about 3" with OME extra heavy duty springs, rancho 9000's adustable in rear and 5000's up front(I think?). I removed my front valence(plastic) bumper and have a useless brushguard on there. I have 260/70/R16 General Grabber A/T2's on it now, I really miss my interco trxus M/T's though. I get terrible gas milage. I play rugby. I drink constantly. At a party I'll start off hitting on the hottest girl there, but end up going home with the fattest, it's inevitable. I'm from Charlotte, NC and my favorite food group is meat. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

AHO Rugby, a drinking club with a rugby problem.

"My experience through life has convinced me that, while moderation and temperance in all things are commendable and beneficial, abstinence from spirituous liquors is the best safeguard of morals and health."
- Robert E. Lee
post #15 of 1048 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstatedisco
My name is Matt, aka AppStateDisco. I'm in college at Appalachian State in the mountains of NC. I have a '95 Disco SE7 lifted about 3" with OME extra heavy duty springs, rancho 9000's adustable in rear and 5000's up front(I think?). I removed my front valence(plastic) bumper and have a useless brushguard on there. I have 260/70/R16 General Grabber A/T2's on it now, I really miss my interco trxus M/T's though. I get terrible gas milage. I play rugby. I drink constantly. At a party I'll start off hitting on the hottest girl there, but end up going home with the fattest, it's inevitable. I'm from Charlotte, NC and my favorite food group is meat. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
CLASSIC!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rovers Only Other > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.