Originally Posted by hamrendan
WAIT!!! Don't I used a graphite with liquid lubricant and thats when I started having problems with my car.. I think the alarm started tripping when i used that.. get the powder kind
Dan, Local auto electric shop, who does keys and such said not to use the graphite power either, as that little blast of air gets the graphite all the way to the back of the tumbler, and onto the contact block, and being a great conductor, the graphite can short out the switch, engage the starter, etc. He used a non conductive spray grease, might have been the lithium one.