96 discovery alarm system - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
H>B>I>C

Gallery: 0
Unhappy 96 discovery alarm system

Hey all i just bought my first Disco (1996 used). Today I went to get into my truck and when i went to turn it on, the horn started making noise. I read the manual and i followed the instructions that it had. it told me to turn the key in the lock position and hold it for at least 5 seconds ( i did that a few times) and it didn't work. I do not have the keyless button. I only have a key to the truck. are there any solutions to this? I even unplugged the battery and took out the fuses for the anti theft system and was not able to start it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get into my Disco and just go to the store! LOL
LRD21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
H>B>I>C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRD21 View Post
Hey all i just bought my first Disco (1996 used). Today I went to get into my truck and when i went to turn it on, the horn started making noise. I read the manual and i followed the instructions that it had. it told me to turn the key in the lock position and hold it for at least 5 seconds ( i did that a few times) and it didn't work. I do not have the keyless button. I only have a key to the truck. are there any solutions to this? I even unplugged the battery and took out the fuses for the anti theft system and was not able to start it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get into my Disco and just go to the store! LOL

Ok Never mind after HOURS of Searching the internet with no avail i decided to try something. I read that you have to turn the key 3 times to the lock position to reset the anti theft sys. Pissed as i was ready to drink myself to a hole. I decided to turn it 4 times to the lock position and GUESS WHAT! It worked! OMG I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM! (I'm still gonna drink myself into a hole........ it stressed me the F**K OUT!):drin k1::drink1 :: drink1::dr ink1:
LRD21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

LRD21: I'm curious, how did you get the truck home in the first place without knowing how to deal with the alarm system?

If you decide to get yourself a replacement remote fob, expect some trouble in getting it set up - you may end up paying the dealer "dearly".

We also have a 96 Disco (5 spd) which my wife adores BUT permit me to warn you about stressing out in the world of British vehicles. Our Disco has always brought us home and performs beautifully but it needs TLC regularly. I hope you can show lots of patience and are willing to learn... Remember, this vehicle is not an appliance - it's no Toyota!

Do you have easy access to another vehicle if necessary?

Cheers and best of luck.

Pavel up north
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.