97 Disco cassette player stuck in TEL mode - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
97 Disco cassette player stuck in TEL mode

Hello,

I've been lurking as a non registered user for a while and have found many fixes (thank you LRO) for my disco but can't find this one. I have searched extensively so I apologize in advance if this has been covered and I missed it.

I have the factory Pioneer stereo and decided to solder in an aux cable to the CD changer pins and pulled it out. Tested the wiring for the aux cable and found the left and right channel pins easily and everything was working. It was dark so I decided to wait until morning and pushed the unit back into the dash. When I returned I wanted to double check everything before soldering and pulled it out again while still plugged in, turned it on tested and everything worked fine. When I disconnected the wires from the CD pins the stereo went back to playing the radio then as I moved the unit slightly back into the dash it changed into TEL mode to my surprise.

After reading about the optional telephone and mute mode this stereo has I was able to find a diagram showing the pins to the telephone line but it's not installed. Any idea how to get a stereo without the telephone mode option installed out of TEL mode and back to the radio?

Thanks for your help!
eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TEL mode.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	75441   Click image for larger version

Name:	LR radio connector.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	75449   Click image for larger version

Name:	LR radio connector 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	75457   Click image for larger version

Name:	disco stereo wiring .jpg
Views:	25
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	75465  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never knew about 'TEL' mode in a D1. hmmm.. There is a service manual for the D1 stereo (Pioneer KEX-910ZRV) but I don't have it 'cause I'm too cheap to pay the $5 to download it.

If anyone has access, please share here.

1997 D1 SE - 137k mi
RAVE pdf's here...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.