Door Panel Removal for D1 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
CarolinaRover

Gallery: 0
Default Door Panel Removal for D1

I own a 1997 LR Disco I. The right Rear window regulator is out. Window will not go back up. How do I remove the door panel so I can access the regulator? I felt around the panel for the anchor pins that everyone talks about - but I cannot feel any. I Dont want to just torque off the pannel for fear that I might break something. Any advice on how to remove the panel without breaking it? Much appreciated.
JCSinSC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Buy a panel popper/removal tool from your local auto parts store. Slide it behind the panel anywhere and EASILY pull out. You should be able to see where the plastic panel studs are when doing this because it will not want to pull away from the door fame. Once you get one the others follow easy.
fishEH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
CarolinaRover

Default Thanks for the Info

OK...Got it done!! Thanks so much for the advice. The door panel was the easy part. The motor on the window regulator was only running in one direction (down) and the guide sleeve for the regulator arm was broken (nylon). I took the pragmatic approach and used two wooden dowel rods to place in the window tracks to keep the window up. I removed the regulator and will fix it/replace it later. For now, at least, I have a window that stays up and it not covered in duck-tape to keep the rain out.

Thanks again for the great advice!!
JCSinSC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

How to: Window Regulator Bushing repair - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Window Regulator Bushing Repair(alternative method) - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.