Help, Ive been immobilised in my 97 Disco - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help, Ive been immobilised in my 97 Disco

I recently had a dead battery so I changed it out- the alarm went off once as I opened the door. My keyfob doesnt reliably work so Ive been using the key to manually unlock for some time. This time the key did not unlock all 4 doors tho, and the very last gasp of the keyfob shut off the alarm in Lock mode, now I have a dead key fob (its not the battery) and an immobilised truck. The alarm doesnt go off anymore -it chirps, can occasionally get the red alarm light to go off or into fast/intermittent/slow flash modes but truck cranks and will not start. Is it the ECU, the 'spider', the keyfob or a combination of all three. Can this be bypassed cause frankly I dont care if theres an alarm or not. I just need the sucker to start. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Probably going to have to order a keyfob and have it towed to the dealer for re-coding.

The microswitches in the keyfob go bad. You can pop it open, replace the battery and try to get it to work by either pushing the switch directly or by jumping the traces on the circuit. The switches are very tiny SMC devices. I would wait until you have the new keyfob and an appointment- you may only have one chance. If that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.