P0125, P1193 - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Question P0125, P1193

Ok so I just got back from AutoZone, had the codes read on my 96 disco. I got 3 codes:

P0125-ECT Engine Coolant Temp sensor defective
P1193-H02s Heater circuit Inferred open circuit downstream sensor
P0158 O2 sensor bank 2

Does anyone know who to go about fixing the first two codes (P0125, P1193)?

I have the O2 sensors on the way already. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle
etrnly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Getting the mud off.....

Kyle......I got the P0125 on my '96 a month ago. My coolant level was a bit low.....topped it off, cleared the code and no worries since.

Otherwise, it may be your PROM (seeing as you have a '96).......there is an update PROM to take care of erroneous P0125 codes, but it's wasn't a recall so ya have to pay for it. On the upside it is something you can do yourself.

Check the coolant level 1st of course

P1193 is referring to your downstream (past the cats) O2s and is telling you that something is up with the heater circuit. Your O2s have a built in heater to get them up to temp quickly during start-up and keep them there during idle. One of two things is happening: the heater is dead or the electrical connection is open. If the heater is dead you need to replace the O2. Check for open circuit 1st though. Power for the heaters come via fuse F3 in you fuse panel - check it. Disconnect the 4-wire connectors to the O2s and clean them w/ electrical contact cleaner, give them a few minutes to insure they are dry and then plug 'em back in.

-B
acornhoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornhoek
Kyle......I got the P0125 on my '96 a month ago. My coolant level was a bit low.....topped it off, cleared the code and no worries since.

Otherwise, it may be your PROM (seeing as you have a '96).......there is an update PROM to take care of erroneous P0125 codes, but it's wasn't a recall so ya have to pay for it. On the upside it is something you can do yourself.

Check the coolant level 1st of course

P1193 is referring to your downstream (past the cats) O2s and is telling you that something is up with the heater circuit. Your O2s have a built in heater to get them up to temp quickly during start-up and keep them there during idle. One of two things is happening: the heater is dead or the electrical connection is open. If the heater is dead you need to replace the O2. Check for open circuit 1st though. Power for the heaters come via fuse F3 in you fuse panel - check it. Disconnect the 4-wire connectors to the O2s and clean them w/ electrical contact cleaner, give them a few minutes to insure they are dry and then plug 'em back in.

-B
Thanks I appreciate the input, do you know where I can get one of the PROM's?
etrnly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Getting the mud off.....

Check you coolant level and that the system is free of air before you go throwing in the new PROM. Run the engine from cold up to operating temperature w/ the pressure cap off and while running the heater......this should get the bubbles out of the system (if there are any).

Part number - PRM9631

Should be able to get it through the sealership......I've heard somewhere around $50, so no too bad.
acornhoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Do you know what fuse on a 98 Disco would be for the P1193?

Thanks!!
vpad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.