Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

radio install

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AcidRain350 
#1 ·
hi everyone i believe this is my 1st post,
i have a question i have a 99 discovery sd,now my problem is i just installed a aftermarket radio with harness from crutchfeild it was all plug and play no cutting of wires,now that i finish and checking if evrything is working properly(which it is)the truck wont start..i believe its a security problem which this only happen to me one time cause i had the hood open,once the hood was closed it started right up.
please if someone can point me to the right direction on getting it started im outside right now trying to figure it out..thanks so much in advance.

#3 ·
What was the fix. I do not have a stock radio in my 98. The ID10T PO cut the connector out and taped the wires together. I have another connector from that 96 that I plan to splice back in and get a new radio eventually and going to put it in correctly.

The Goose

#6 ·
I've got an easy fix:

Mount a Cobra 29 Classic CB radio in its place! The only thing I've had to to is cut the console around where the radio fits flush(an air-powered grinder with a stone wheel was a simple remedy)

The power connections to the old radio do need to be cut and spliced into the new 3-pin CB power connector.

Mine's still in progress right now, but a Firestik II antenna will be mounted probably tomorrow to the passenger side of the rain gutter in the back of the hood.

But yea, I don't want to steal this thread. I just figured I'd give insight to the peeps in my old situation. No radio - no problem! I'll make a new project thread with pics.

PEACE!
-Spot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.