Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

rear view mirror

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Adam in NYC USA 
#1 ·
rear view mirror, i need a new one mine has all this black **** on the bottom of it, im guessing its broken,

anyone have an extra they'd like to sell me!?

#3 ·
I replaced it already once and the new mirror also decided to die.

I discovered that one of the handsfree Bluetooth mirrors with caller Id from dealextreme.com was cheaper and designed so the glare from rear headlights wasn't so bad. The two sold there also have those bluettooth budsets builtin.

Look at those instead. I will try to post an image.

#5 ·
Yep, it is a good deal but it is not one of those self-dimming mirrors. However, it works for a heck of a long time (about a week) before I have to recharge it and it has the best audio for a handsfree yet. I use a iPhone.

#8 ·
And how many years was that?

#9 ·
Mine fell off about 4 or 5 years ago. I find I like driving with just the outside mirrors a lot more.

#10 ·
Mine just fell off!!!!

Speak of the devil!

In New York, we have a dumb custom called alternative side of the street parking. Just as I got into the driving seat and touched (just touched) the rear view mirror, it came off my windshield onto my hand and was just hanging by its electrical cable.

Finished parking it. Ran to the autostore to get the stupid kit to replace the mirror. Clean the site, sandpaper the metal holder, clean the glass, spread the activator, wait two minutes, apply the glue press and hold for a minute, let it set for 15 minutes, and replace the damn mirror in the rain.

:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.