Turbo Blue 100 octane In the 4.0 Discovery :eek: - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LandRoversOnly.com is the premier Land Rover Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: why do the english drink warm beer? they use lucas refridgerators.
Gallery: 5
Cool Turbo Blue 100 octane In the 4.0 Discovery :eek:

The Local Shell station near the local racetrack and docks is a turbo blue 100 octane oxygenated fuel ethanol free. It was priced at 5.99$ a gallon, so i though, ill give her 5 gallons or so, i was on empty, so i was curious of the performance change, and just changed the oil ,plugs and wires and waxed and cleaned

The sound was wonderful, It started immediately, the intake sounded amazing, and had a slightly babbly sound, the smell of the exhaust was sweet, and putrid, and had a bit of cackle when revving, i took off slowly, and the engine was just smooth as silk, as smooth as 93 octane, but smoother... i left the shifter in the 3rd gear selector, and took off from the ramp, upon the ramp curve, i reached 65 fairly quickly, and had to slow down because of the increase in acceleration, i passed to the left lane passing the right lane drivers, down towards the interstate reaching 115-120 within the minute, a simple tap of the pedal results in immediate accleration, smooth firing, and great response. i received a total of 87 miles to that 5 gallons of turbo blue,before letting it fume out, total empty... after accelerating the single time and regular cruising in town.

The 3.9 and 4.0 variant , being a high compression engine, requiring 90 octane or higher, to function properly according to tuning,i noticed really took advantage of the turbo blue adjusting the fuel map accordingly im assuming, It was a complete 360 change in performance vs crappy 10% ethanol 90-93, if you let off the accelerator after accerating, the fuel combusts itself, and accelerates ,instead of having your foot welded to the floor, it accelerates much more than the 93 octane when you hear the intake start "whistling" around 2100 rpm or so. It accelerated like you would expect a v8 to, Easily reaching an incredibly scary 115-120 mph in 45 seconds or so. not the typical dragging slow acceleration. Really opens up the rover 4.0 v8 to what it can do. its 30$ i will never spend again,and repeated use may cause your engine to require running it supposedly, but turned the discovery into a sportscar for the weekend

any one else used turbo blue 100 octane in the rover v8 ?

Last edited by LRDisco97US; 03-21-2012 at 02:42 AM.
LRDisco97US is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
yup

Gallery: 0

no but the 114 i use sure is awsome when you put quarter tank of it with super, and i have felt the change in idle and fuel econ but not really in the quik dept.
yup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Anyone ever tried those octane boosters they sell at the parts stores?
fishEH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
yup

just my opinion the boosters are p.o.s. only things i run are lucas products,and just injecter cleaner in the tank. i have always wonderd how those things raise the octane level of 20 gal of gas from a 12-20 oz bottle.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

it could be ive been afraid to take it past 2500 rpm to save gas mileage for so many years ive forgotten what its like to open up the engine a little at 182,2xx miles with out a belch or tick, my careful foot on the accelerator has indeed paid off
Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
yup

mine seems slow even on floor,well i quess it cause i just got out of my v8 cj7
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Anyone ever tried those octane boosters they sell at the parts stores?
They dont work, total waste of money.

The only racing gas I can buy is leaded, it is 114 octane, if it did not have lead in it I would add like 5 gals and then top off with premium for towing.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

3:12 "Orientated". Ouch.
fishEH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum > Land Rover Model Forums > Discovery Series I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.