Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Wheel Speed Sensor question

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Four_Stroke 
#1 · (Edited)
Vehicle Speed Sensor question

Hi Guys,

I purchased a new VSS to replace the old one (speedo not working) and when I opened the package, the center part where the square rod comes out is pretty loose. Is this normal? I only ask because it was shipped from the UK to Michigan inside 2 plastic bags with no padding.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hey Four_Stroke where you at in the mitt? I saw your post on LRF so you already know what's what about tight/loose feel. Didn't know your from the Great Recession State.

#4 ·
Naturally, it's never exactly straight forward with a Rover. I grew up in Detroit then Livonia and then all over until I settled up here where it's quiet and not busy.

#5 ·
I have a feeling a lot of stuff on my Disco is cobbled together, but for what I paid for it I can't complain lol.

Long story short, I grew up in Fremont went to school n Flint, then bounced around metro D for awhile until I bought a house in Waterford. I like TC as well, but I also like the lakes around Waterford/Commerce.

#6 ·
I know the area. The cool thing I learned while I owned my truck was that it could be cobbled and still run. Very simple setup once you understand what and how.

#7 ·
I hear you can buy a nice house in Detroit for less than the price of a decent D2 these days ;)

#8 ·
You can buy and entire block for less than a Classic!

#10 ·
Ugly to look at, fantastic to drive and it could get in and out of just about situation.

#11 ·
Ha I agree!

But I at least got my Disco with off-road front and rear bumpers.

The entire body was covered with a vinyl wrap, and it was removed before I bought it and now it's covered in the remaining residue from the wrap lol. That's one way to do a matte finish, to bad everything sticks to it or id leave it LMAO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.